Darna! Asia's First Superheroine makes a comeback to Phillippine Television

Lurker
NEW_Marian_DARNA.jpg

Based on the comic books created by one of the Philippine's most legendary graphic novelists Mars Ravelo, the Philippines' most iconic superheroine DARNA makes a comeback to Philippine television. She will be played by one of the Philippines' most popular actress, Marian Rivera.

You can read about the upcoming show here.

You can also read the history of the Superheroine in this article.

It's coming this August 10 btw.

It stinks.
Okay, I'm not feeling the whole yellow-handkelchef-coming-out-of-the-girl's-crotch.

I think it's awesome. I've been looking for more superheroes outside the states, and I love the Super Sentai and Kamen Rider stuff but I try to find more hero stuff that is not related to the US or Japan. I wouldn't mind seeing this.

I like her look as well! I will have to look up info on her. Very nice photo too!

w00t !! Darna is hot!! :buttrock: ....Pinays are :thumbs::buttrock::hitit

Rider Dodge
let me guess.. this is gonna turn out to be another sappy love story with a 3 minute fight scene for the entire episode where instead of the superhero fighting evil its gonna be superhero and supervillain fighting over a guy.. sorry for my opinion.. but TV networks in the philippines (a majority of them) make the sappiest shows.. and im a filipino at that

prime example: zaido.

All Decade's Fault
If the TV networks could resist the urge to turn EVERYTHING live-action into a soap opera, this would be good. But then again, I remember watching other live-action TV shows that had promise: Kidlat (based on an older Superhero), K (What-if alternate world if the Philippines was a communist country), Dayuhan (Alien Invasion story), and SAGAD (sort-of Action series featuring a nonexistent elite police squad)...all of them fell apart because RPN9, ABC5, and IBC13 all felt that it needed more F----NG SOAP OPERA ELEMENTS.

Filipino Soap Opera is something I would show to torture people. It's always the same story about some poor boy or girl who's actually the long-lost child of a rich family, who's being abused by an evil stepmother/stepfather/aunt and bla-bla-bla...the forumla hasn't changed since Flordeluna (I hated it because my parents watched it and it was on at the same time as Voltes V and other stuff).

Lurker
I do agree with wavehawk that there are many Filipino shows that include waaay to much soap opera elements and that would really bore the hell outta me, but there still some shows that are worth watching. I bought the Asian Treasures DVD last year and I enjoyed the hell out of it, because it really focused on its adventure plot. Also, Rounin was a really good example of Filipino Toku, which I have yet to release here on HJU lol.

I'm excited for Darna because I'm such a huge fan of her and all. I have the Darna VCD Collection and everything, including the poster from the previous Darna series and the 2005 comic book miniseries. I'm also excited because the villains here are some of the original villains from the old comic books and movies.

Oohh , you should put those Darna on megaupload :buttrock::laugh: