I was talking about 帰ってきたウルトラマン, a pretty awesome show itself. As Daikamonohashi said, the name Jack came later.

Before then (and still occasionally now), he was called "New Ultraman" (Shin Urutoraman).

JESUS CHRIST WHUT.

[hide]
acebrutalityholychrist.jpg
[/hide]

._.

It's too late to finish this episode tonight (got sidetracked when I tried to watch it earlier and only got a few minutes in) so I'll give my thoughts on 7-8 tomorrow.

BUT HOLY HELL. WHUT. WHUT.

Eye See You
Those killing scenes need more darker music to give it a more brutal feel imo but I tend to sometimes forget it was in the '70s and for kiddies.

Actually back this time
JESUS CHRIST WHUT.

~sniiiip~

._.

It's too late to finish this episode tonight (got sidetracked when I tried to watch it earlier and only got a few minutes in) so I'll give my thoughts on 7-8 tomorrow.

BUT HOLY HELL. WHUT. WHUT.

O_O Why haven't I sat down and watched this yet?

That's just... brutal. o_o;

Ironic that Eiji Tsuburaya told Noriaki Yuasa to stop putting this type of stuff in his Gamera movies! Yet he did it in UltraSeven!

And this reminds me of ep. 9 of Fireman.

Ironic that Eiji Tsuburaya told Noriaki Yuasa to stop putting this type of stuff in his Gamera movies! Yet he did it in UltraSeven!

So long as the blood wasn't red, it was okay.

Although Eiji Tsuburaya did not want to show bloodshed, he did do it on a number of occasions. Godzilla Raids Again, in B&W, had Godzilla killing Anguirus by biting him in the neck, with blood leaking from the biting. Monsters occasionally had red, blood-like wounds, like Gaira in War of the Gargantuas, but no actual blood. It was after Episodes 8 and 10 of Ultraman that Eiji decided not to show any more blood shed, but if he had to, like in Ultra Seven, the blood couldn't be red! (Ultra Seven's beheading of Giladoras in Episode 20, "Destroy Epicenter X!", was one of the cleverest, as it wasn't blood, but red crystal rocks!) Noriaki Yuasa followed suit, making sure that the monster blood in the Gamera films wasn't red, as it would frighten young children.

It was after Eiji's passing that the violence and bloodshed was more extreme. You had Godzilla bleeding for the first time in Godzilla Vs. Gigan, monster bloodshed up the wazoo in Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla, and fairly disturbing monster violence like in Ultraman Ace! Wow!

If a live-action Devilman were done in the 70s, it'd look a lot like this!