Lurker
Dreadfang - RETURNING APRIL 1st WITH THE FINAL TEN EPISODES

An adaptation of the Kamen Rider franchise from TOEI Entertainment; Kamen Rider Kiva.​

Matthew Thompson was your typical average teenager with hopes, dreams, and goals. His hope was that his crush, Isobel Taylor, would finally be his. His dream was that he would someday be a professional writer. His goal was to live his life to the fullest.

Matthew's newest story, Dreadfang, was a guaranteed success according to his friends. It followed the life of a man named Skyler Adamson who, while on an expedition in Transylvania, uncovered the power of an ancient vampire warrior and had to use the power to fight evil vampire creatures called Blood Devils. It had action, suspense, comedy, and romance.

Little did Matthew know, however, that his story was not just a piece of fiction. One day, a bat creature he recognized as his character Chiptero approached him and informed him that he had the blood of a warrior, and was the next to fight the Blood Devils as Dreadfang, the Undead Warrior. Now, trying to figure out why he has been chosen, Matthew has reluctantly accepted his responsibility and now fights to save the Earth.

Please leave feedback! This is my favorite project to work on so far.

Last edited:
this story is interesting. you put a lot of hard work on it.

wish someone would've posted up videos of this. but no kamen rider name though, i'm surprised

Lurker
Thanks Slayer :)
Glad to see someone is enjoying it.

Episode 06 is released.
Episode 07 coming next Monday.

優しさの大人少女
nice fanfic. keep up the hardwork Real Action. the story seems nice. ^___^

Lurker
Thank you very much for the comment :)

Update: I just finished Episode 12 tonight and will proofread it tomorrow afternoon sometime. Sadly, this episode is the shortest of the season (ended on Page 8 in Word) and still does not feature much in the direction of Huntsman. I really failed on this introduction, guys, and I apologize. However, there is also good news.

Tonight I have also started working on Episode 13, and in an hour I am currently on page two and the story is working nicely. It picks up right where 12 leaves off, actually. Literally RIGHT where 12 leaves off, so there's no guesses as to what happens.

Episode 13 is going to focus primarily on Arthur, not Matt, and will feature only one 1986 scene. In fact, without giving too much away, Matt will not appear much in this episode. The starring characters will be Arthur and Isobel, so for the first time in the series we'll get some exposure to some characters other than Matt. This does include some more hints (not an answer) to why Arthur hates Dreadfang so much. We will get a real answer to the question early in the second wave of episodes.

The episode will also feature a scene with the leader of the DreadHunters that will hint at his true identity. Again, it will not be an answer, and we will learn the truth behind the organization sometime in the second wave.

There's no answers given to concretely give anything away in the rest of the episodes in June, but the episodes will still be written to engage the reader. The story will still flesh out, and Wave One will end on a mysterious note to keep the reader guessing, and then when episodes return we'll get some answers. I promise, there is hope for this story.

Episode 12 coming on Monday.

Lurker
Got a special surprise.

This is only available here, not on the website.

Since I'll probably start work on wave two of episodes by the end of next week (or so I'm hoping...) I thought it would be a nice thing to do to release the next fourteen episode titles. All of these belong to wave two episodes. You can try and guess what's going to happen by looking at these titles, but I make it hard.

16) Frankenstein Unchained
17) Checkmate
18) Becoming History
19) Deadline
20) Blood Ties
21) Second Chances
22) Torn
23) Ever Closer
24) Memories
25) From Out of Nowhere
26) Supernova
27) Power of the Heart
28) Deception in the Ranks
29) Like Father, Like Son
30) Project: Dreadfang

Also, just to hint at it, the finale title has been decided as well. It is the title of a Tetra-Fang song. The title will be revealed when the third wave of episodes starts next March with five new episodes and the first Friday release.

This also means the end date of the series has changed as well. It will no longer be March of 2010, but now will be July 2010. I really hope you guys will stay with me through the next long thirteen months, as I have some neat stuff planned and I promise you personally that everything will be wrapped up.

I know sixteen months is a long, long time to follow a story, and I don't expect many people to stick with me that long, but it's only four months longer than a Kamen Rider season, so come on, not that bad, haha.

this story is interesting. you put a lot of hard work on it.

wish someone would've posted up videos of this. but no kamen rider name though, i'm surprised

Kiva has an advantage that since it doesn't look like one, this series could be made into something incredibly different. Nice work, Real Action.:)

Lurker
Thank you, Bigdog. That was actually one of the challenges I was presented with when preparing this story. I was confused as to how I was going to formulate a story around the Kiva footage and still make it original. An original plot that went through my head was to just copy the Kiva story, but I wanted to make things more unique. Eventually I settled on a basic concept of the main character being a writer, and it got started from there.

Funny story though. Another idea I had was to just take Kiva's appearance and put it in a whole new setting, taking advantage of the horror theme. I was going to have him spend 40+ episodes fighting legendary creatures and horror film villains. It got scrapped, but I haven't totally tossed it out yet... *hint hint wink wink*

This idea would have seen Dreadfang tackling challenges such as the Loch Ness Monster and the Jersey Devil, as well as fighting characters like Jason Voorhees and Freddy Krueger, all with an all-powerful main villain that was bringing them together. The new Goosebumps books were actually what made me not do this, because I didn't want to be accused of stealing ideas.

Like I said, I haven't totally forgotten it. We may see something involving that plot later, but I'm not sure yet.