Tony Scott wants real gangmembers in "The Warriors" remake...

Lurker
As much as I loved the original Warriors, and trust me, I really do love that film, it's badass! Hearing that they'd want the actual members of the 18th street gang, Bloods & crips in this, I'm fucken stoked and intrigued! And to be honest, I've been waiting for a reboot in a very long time! This film would look crazy if set in the streets of L.A. and to finally hear that in this reboot, they'd want to add actual gang members from the streets of L.A.? That's fucken crazy!

I love Blood n blood out, that right there is the best street gangflicks ever! If they play there cards right, this **** could top that, though I highly doubt it :D

I'm digging it! Mos def!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dw9yEuwohkk[/ame]
Hah! Someone would definitely get shanked for sure if they all grouped up like this :laugh:

Last edited:
boogie woogie feng shui
I think it's a terrible idea. The point of The Warriors (the film, not the novel) was to depict a stylized view of gang life and eventually de-glamorize it, and the reason it worked so well was because the gangs were all so unorthodox and cartoonish. Filling it full of real gangs, besides glorifying gang behavior and activity, would take away the surrealistic aspect of the costumes and action (Ghetto gangstas? Who wants that in a Warriors movie?), which is arguably the most important part of the movie. Leave this one alone.

yeah while seeing real gang jerkys beat the crap out of each other could be entertaining I don't think its really a good idea to give these guys any more attention than they actually deserve ... Give the roles to some ****ing honest people who do & need/ want to make a honest living from a real job. & I'm with bolt on this one ... they can't really "top" the original :) any attempt to even try will = uber fail

Someone..will die.

Check & mate! Another reason why not to real gang members :p Even if they use X gang members if the real gang members don't like the way they acted they = go out of there way to kill them :p

Lurker
Well, he ain't making a straight remake, just using the same basic story and I'm happy bout that. This whole thing's going to be a kind of study of gang culture in LA today, and I for one can't wait to see how this goes. Those cartoonish gangs is what bugged me to be honest. I mean, who ever heard of a mime gang? or a gangbanger decked out in baseball uniforms? but hey, that's just me...

Someone will die? Well, I don't know, hope not. Majority of Bloods & Crips from both side had been in the same music video once from a famous artist. I think it was Nelly's country grammer! They had both rival gangs, real gangbangers in that video and not one person got shot or shanked! Which proves that they do can restrain themselves given the right situation, but in this case? I honestly don't know...

Some kind of Beast mode
^ lol seriously? I guess it could work then. :hmm:

boogie woogie feng shui
Yeah, but should it work? Some ideas are just not good and this is one of them. It's no different than making a hyper-realistic Batman movie that's about a rogue police officer that's just nicknamed "the bat" cause he stays up late or something. It's ridiculous.

Banned
for some weird reason, i keep picturing Michael Jackson and the Gang dancing for 2hrs....

btw SLASH is awesome...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CClYGAztJsw&feature=related[/ame]