I prefer movie...
Although reading book can learn more words, the feeling of watching movies is much more better...
And movie is easier to understand, because when you are reading book, you can only imagine.
However, you can actually see what is going on in the movie.

It doesn't always bother me when the movies aren't like the book. I think I've just accepted that its someoneelses vision of the story. It can sometimes be like reading a fan-fic. That being said I really hated the sixth Harry Potter. I felt like they could've done a way better job, specially considering they'd stayed pretty true to the books in previous films.
I just saw Gone Girl and I've heard that the book is better and has a differen't ending. The movie was awesome and I'm looking forward to comparing the book.

The book is almost always better than the movie! Yeah it's really cool to see it come to life on stage, but nothing beats using your imagination to see the characters in your head while you're reading a book! I usually even try and make sure I read the book before I watch the movie.

I know one movie that is coming that I refuse to watch it: The Giver.

They changed key aspects of the character and made a joke out of this book. This book wasn't about action and thrills! This was a book about a boy who was twelve and experiencing what the world was like previously. Not a blasted eighteen year old kid that was fighting and doing all these tricks to survive! I would HIGHLY recommend anyone read this book and just stick to it rather than the movie. Don't give this garbage any revenue for what they did this, please.

I couldn't agree more with you! The Giver is my favourite book and although I knew the movie was going to be a joke, I watched it anyway and regretted it so much. The book was a constant reminder for me not only as a kid but as an adult to appreciate the world in a totally different way.

Movies are never better than books in my opinion. I would give exceptions like LOTR and Harry Potter but other than that, I've always been disappointed. Even The Maze Runner, which recently came out was so disappointing. I really enjoyed the book but almost everything was changed in the movie and it was just ridiculous. I'm not going to watch the sequel because I'm sure it's going to be pathetic.

It doesn't always bother me when the movies aren't like the book. I think I've just accepted that its someoneelses vision of the story. It can sometimes be like reading a fan-fic. That being said I really hated the sixth Harry Potter. I felt like they could've done a way better job, specially considering they'd stayed pretty true to the books in previous films.
I just saw Gone Girl and I've heard that the book is better and has a differen't ending. The movie was awesome and I'm looking forward to comparing the book.

Gone girl actually stuck with the book more than I thought it would. The ending is more or less the same and I agree, the movie was well made. I didn't think they would be able to capture what happened in the book really well but in fact, they managed to do just that. It's a great book and a great movie altogether.

Have you ever read a book, then watched the movie and leave the theater shaking your head? I have. I read Angels and Demons, and D'Vinci Code. I loved reading the books. The details that are important are conveyed dramatically. However, when I saw the movie, there were plenty of aspects that were not explained, not covered, or simply the clues where placed on the screen but were not understandable.

What book have you read, watch the movie, and felt what I did?
Or what book have you read, watch the movie, and were pleased?
That is a great example, the movie was horrible! I think most of the time no movie can compete with the book mainly due to tie constraints and that is expected.

I much prefer the book myself. The only exception that springs to mind is "The Help" - I thought that the film was very true to the book indeed.

Anime Reviewer
Books are naturally better because they leave it to imagined, and everyone imagines differently. However, I say books are better because you pick them up and put them down at anytime, leading to entertainment on the fly.

Some times, Movies are better because the book was either short or hard to read and the movie makes it more palatable. However, I still prefer Books.

I truly favor a few books over their motion picture, on the grounds that occasionally the films demolish the ENTIRE arrangement. *cough* Percy Jackson *cough*

Remember that a movie is only one and a half hour show while a book can have many more pages. Another point is books are only words while movies have to have limited dialogue to avoid clutter and give visual effects more importance, hence books are much more detailed while the movies are in most part edited to show only the very important turning points. A lot of fine details may be skipped.