Throwing Some Justice!
Question is, can even a sequel to Taken even work?

I can see them doing a prequel to this, like knowing more about Bryan Mills & his origins as a preventer.

I was thinking of something like this for a name:

The Preventer: The Origins of Bryan Mills

boogie woogie feng shui
I was more upset about the news of a Banlieue 13 remake. It seems strange, especially since Banlieue 14 is set to come out soon. The whole point of the movie was to showcase David Belle and Cyril Raffaelli's skills anyway, it wasn't exactly groundbreaking in the story or character development departments. Unless they use it as a parkour vehicle like the original, which I can't see them duplicating with any kind of success, it just defeats the purpose of remaking such a genre-specific movie.

And I think making a sequel to Taken would kind of lessen the effect of the first film. If you make a film like that, it's powerful, it stands alone. If you try to do it again, it become hokey and contrived, unless you do continutions like the Bourne trilogy. But... it's already too late for them to try to do a continuation. Fucking Hollywood.

Taken 2 right here

[HIDE]"Mr. President the south has kidnapped your daughter!"
119o2rl.jpg
[/HIDE]

But seriously is the Taken sequel going to be by the same French guys or Hollywood this time? (Remember Taken is not an American production)

WIIIIIIIIIIII!
If Besson is still behind both of these films, I'll have a little more faith.

But then, Besson was part of The Transporter 3, wasn't he? *shudder*