/B$ of the Tokusatsu. fanpage.
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Star Trek: Voyager writer Bryan Fuller told iF Magazine that he is pushing for a new Star Trek TV series based on "old style" Star Trek. In the interview he stated that "I told my agent and told the people of J.J. Abrams' team I want to create another Star Trek series and have an idea that I'm kicking around. I would love to return to the spirit of the old series with the colors and attitude. I loved Voyager and Deep Space Nine, but they seem to have lost the '60s fun and I would love to take it back to its origin."

this is good news because after the horror of Enterprise this has a little bit of hope.

Hmmmm......... bringing back the color and style to Star Trek.

As much as I just want Starfleet Academy with ST:TNG characters....... this idea could work.

▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░▓
▒▓░░░░▓░░░░▓
▓░░░░░░▓░▓░▓
▓░░░░░░▓░░░▓
▓░░▓░░░▓▓▓▓
▒▓░░░░▓▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓
▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▓▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓
▒▒▓▒▒▒▒▒▓

now Nerd Emperor
This is good news but I hope it won't be cheesy like the original series episodes. :redface2:

And Enterprise wasn't horror when season 3 and 4 came. :buttrock:

The Cookie Man!
This is good news...so does this mean we would have a series that is before TOS but not as far back where Enterprise took place or in late 24th century sometime after Star Trek: nemesis?

It would be pretty interesting if we had a Enterprise B series, Enterprise C series and Stargazer series to fill in the big gap between 2300 and 2363.

Lurker
This could be good to have a new ST series but it depends on what they mean by "colors and attitude". I wouldn't want a series that tried to be cheesy to capture the nastalgia of TOS.

I believe the next trek series needs to take place in the movie continuity right after the NCC-1701-B launch's.

Lurker
It makes sense to capatalise on the rebooted continuity, which is pretty much exactly what Bryan is suggesting.