Actually back this time
Definitely, they really made the Pro (more) worth your money now.

Yeah I'll only be using it for gaming. Not too interesting in stuff outside of games, or xbox live, & I think 60gb would be more than enough for me.

Thanks for all of the information you guys, Algo, KingRanger, DarkKabuto.

Get the Elite if you can afford it.
Installing games to the hard drive is a godsend with how horribly loud the system is with a disc in it. This is especially important with RPG's, I could barely hear Lost Odyssey over it without cranking the volume all the way up. I picked up the absurdly priced 120gb hard drive on clearance and filled it up with installed games immediately. Plus, you get the digital audio adapter with the elite if you want to use optical audio with HDMI. Otherwise it costs you $50.

Personally I think its silly that they have two different systems its really just a color preferance in the end...

In Justice, We Trust!
Personally I think its silly that they have two different systems its really just a color preferance in the end...

Um, it's a little thing called 'marketing' they have to make their system appeal to all kinds of gamers, casual and hardcore. That's why they make like, so many different versions of their consoles

sorry I see nothing wrong with them putting out a "better" packed system with more stuff & also more expensive how ever I think its silly that they choose to have it colored black & also call it elite!

What If I wanted the more expensive package but wanted a white colored system eh?! I just think if they are going to be off doing color options they should have each color options for each thing no matter if one is more expensive than the other...

Heck I brought some rechargibles with a charger & it came with 3 different color panels so I could change the color of it if I so choose :p