Banned
I think it's a good thing I know nothing about the Watchmen comic. That way I can go in just enjoying the movie.

It's Judgement Time!
How much can you really put into this one random person's opinion though? I mean, he doesnt come across to me as unbiased. He seems to have some points that are still in the eye of the beholder. But I never liked it when people try to gauge the interest of others to back up their claims on whether a movie was good or bad.

"people didnt cheer" "they rushed out". Well thats what most people do at the movies in my city. They just leave at the credits. Since when do we just go "oh well no one went ape **** and talked after the movie. I guess they all agreed it sucked"

I say just watch it yourself and stop guessing how the movie will turn out.

How much can you really put into this one random person's opinion though? I mean, he doesnt come across to me as unbiased. He seems to have some points that are still in the eye of the beholder.

"people didnt cheer" "they rushed out". Well thats what most people do at the movies in my city. They just leave at the credits. Since when do we just go "oh well no one went ape **** and talked after the movie. I guess they all agreed it sucked"

Well its not just his opinion it just coincides with my personal analysis on what I've seen so far (and you can pretty much make out 2/3rds of the movie with whats been released now, not just Video clips) and from what I know of Zack Snyder. The review just sort of confirms some of the things I expected, outside of the other of my fears that were confirmed from some of the later revealed material.

Yes the reviewer was a bit biased, he did say he didn't think much of the comic. But well someone can dislike Long Halloween and Killing Joke but still like The Dark Knight.

And well it was an Early Screening event, can't really expect the same standards and audience from a prescreening event to a normal everyday screening. Because the people that go to these events aren't the average movie goer, these are people that are into the material and/or people dragged along with people that are into the material. You'd kind of expect something other than just everybody leaving when the credits role like you'd see for an everyday movie. Like when I saw The Dark Knight pretty much the entire theater stayed in their seats throughout the entire credits and the chatter about how spectacular it was was all around. You see it says something about the film if an audience filled with people hyped about this and into the material has the same reaction as an everyday audience not into the material at all. But to be fair, that doesn't necessarily judge the quality of a film, and while you can expect some differences from an everyday screening, you can't expect the entire audience screaming like they were at a football game.

Last edited:
I wanna fly high....
I think anyone who was actually a Spider-Man fan hated SM3, so you're definitely not alone.

I liked it. I watched the movie with the mentality that "this is just a movie, enjoy it, no need to nitpick". And without nitpicking anything, I found the movie to be entertaining.

I liked it. I watched the movie with the mentality that "this is just a movie, enjoy it, no need to nitpick". And without nitpicking anything, I found the movie to be entertaining.

Good for you. I tried to enjoy it but I just couldn't. My expectations were already set pretty low after all the bad review. But too much of the movie just came off really bad and cheesy. A bunch of unintentionally hilarious stuff too.

Banned

So basically you just watch every movie with such low standards that when they suck it just doesn't matter? It must be nice to just blanketly like everything.

Thats what I think of Spider-Man 3, from a movie viewer point I can just sit down and enjoy it, is it a good movie? no is it an entertaining movie? yes. Its just one of those movies you can sit down not think about it, enjoy it, and crack jokes at it. From a writer standpoint and a critic standpoint yes its not enjoyable at all with all its problems.

I think anyone who was actually a Spider-Man fan hated SM3, so you're definitely not alone. I was actually able to have a good time watching it in theaters since my friend and I were laughing our asses off throughout the entire thing at the many outrageous and unintentionally funny scenes. The crowd actually gave the movie applause at the end though. :nono:

I found it really stupid when people were laughing in the theater of Spiderman 3. I mean the people that laugh arnt true Spiderman fans because if you think the movie is cheesy read the comics....

Im a huge Spiderman fan and I really enjoyed Spiderman 3. Of course it was not on par with the 1 and 2 but it was still good. I think the reason why many people hated it is because they tried to cram to many bad guys in one movie. I mean Venon should f been the only villain in the movie or they should of saved him for Spidey 4. Sony was to money hungry and demanded for the producers to put Venom in 3.