TDK got screwed...end of story...hopefully heath will win the supprting actor...

I second that.

The Dark Knight got screwed because it's a superhero movie, plain and simple. Superheroes are still demonized by the bourgeoisie Hollywood industry snobs, who still look at costumed superheroes as "high camp." They'll never take them seriously, no matter how good it is, but most of all, they will never, EVER let a superhero film walk away with the Best Picture Award. It will be the end of the world to them if that happened, because they expect more "grown-up" movies. That's the upper-class for you.

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King was a much-deserved exception to the norm.

But if people walk out of the ceremony before the Best Picture Winner is announced, which is unlikely, I will be really happy.

boogie woogie feng shui
The Dark Knight didn't get screwed, it just simply isn't as good as some of the other films that are on the nominations list. There's more to life than superheroes.

TDK already has 8 nominations so it wasn't like it got completely snubbed.

The Dark Knight didn't get screwed, it just simply isn't as good as some of the other films that are on the nominations list. There's more to life than superheroes.

Yeah, like giant monsters. (Kidding!)

TDK already has 8 nominations so it wasn't like it got completely snubbed.

Yeah, we know all that, but some people actually expected it to get a Best Picture Award (and for a while, it sounded like it would). So some people felt it was robbed. (Another thing is that there was already enough pity for Heath Ledger as it was.)

TDK was never a frontrunner to win Best Picture, it was always between Slumdog or Benjamin Button. I think most folks would've been happy if it had just been nominated. I would've taken out The Reader and put TDK in myself.

Well TDK still just isn't for everyone, its just not one of those timeless movies that just about anyone can watch and love. Yes TDK was timeless but its still has a target range narrower than Benjamin Button for example, just not everyone can get into TDK. That being said I think TDK was more deserving of the best picture spot than The Reader, but so are a few other movies. I dunno I just didn't feel that amazing film feel from The Reader, but they feel very strong about The Reader for some reason so lets see.

Anyway I would like for Milk or Frost/Nixon to win best picture but its most likely gonna be Slumdog Millionaire.

Milk is probably going to walk away with Best Original Screenplay while Benjamin Button takes Best Adapted Screenplay. Then again maybe Benjamin Button wont with its controversy behind the script (ala its written by the same guy that wrote Forrest Gump and it shows great parallels with Forrest Gump).

Sean Penn (Milk) is most likely going to take the best lead actor and Kate Winslet (The Reader) is probably going to take best lead actress.

Last edited:
boogie woogie feng shui
Mickey Rourke should definitely win best actor. I'm still miffed that The Wrestler didn't make the Best Picture nominations.