Hi, this is just my suggestion.. I’m thinking of making a suggestion to Toei to make toku shows seem not like a kids’ shows..

Well, look at sentai nowadays n sentai back 10 yrs ago, surely u can see differences.. u can also feel the differences.. I can take some example, mayb not every ppl will agree with me. I just speak out my feelings.. The beginning of each show, the little credit like ‘Super hero time, starts now’ can be eliminated.. At the end of each episode, sometimes the main cast of the show may make a little advertisement to sell the toys, or CDs given to a few ppl as presents, n they address the audience as ‘kids’ or ‘boys n girls’.. That one can also be changed.. Some cartoon advertisements appear during the opening credits of kiva ep 36. Kivat talking about history at the beginning of each episode is good n acceptable, but there is one episode where kivat asked ‘have u watch the kiva movie?’ during the opening of an episode. Pls, advertisement about the movie can be made before the episode starts or after it ends, not during the episode including the opening credits. Those only make the show seems more like kids’ show.. II just mention some examples only.. Surely those things never happen 10 yrs ago, right?

Second, the movie of super sentai, kamen rider or any toku shows, pls make a movie that is like a real movie.. Some of the sentai or kamen rider movies gave ppl a feeling like “if u didn’t watch the series, u’ll never understand the movie†That’s why toku movies never aired in most other countries because most countries don’t aired their series at the same time as japan. Another thing, look at sentai movies, it lasts only 30 minutes like that.. If like that, it can fit in an episode of the series already, why separated it to be a movie? Can it be longer? Surely a movie not only have different villains n different fighting scenes, but different storyline than the series is also cool.. The characters n cast can maintain off course.

The reason is simple. People at Toei want more money during Heisei era compare with Showa era. The tokusatsu series today are more about selling toys than the series made in 1970s and 1980s. The tokusatsu series made by Toei today don't even have great people like Hirayama Tohru and Amemiya Keita in the production department. This is one of the reasons the series made today are not as good as the series made during Showa era.

According the following website, Hirayama Tohru is the person who had gave the most contribution to the popularity of Kamen Rider and Super Sentai series.

http://job.yomiuri.co.jp/interview/jo_in_07122501.cfm

I once read a comic about the history of Kamen Rider that Ishinomori Shotaro want Skull Man(the design as a hero) to be a tokusatsu series in 1971 instead of Kamen Rider. Luckily, Hirayama rejected it. Otherwise, Toei may have to stop producing tokusatsu series in 1970s since kids may have reject Skull Man design as a hero. There are more kids in Japan during the 1970s compare with today.

If you don't like series made by Toei today, then just stop watching them. There are series made by Tsuburaya, Takara Tomy, Toho and West Power that are better than series made by Toei.

The only Japanese word that I can think about Toei today is "kaizen"(most people worked with the Japanese companies understand the meaning of the word). If the people there don't want to adopt it for their tokusatsu series, then you cannot do anything about it since the viewers in Japan determine the popularity of a tokusatsu series. So no point complain here since Toei doesn't care at all.

The closest you'd get to having a Masked Rider series for adults is True Masked Rider and the First and Next movies. Otherwise, the series in general is aimed at kids and adult fans (and the newer shows partly for girls).

The same goes for Super Sentai, take it or leave it.

You're right on this one. Heisei era Kamen Rider are one of the popular series for Japanese housewives.

And speaking of which, SHOWA ERA was a lot mature than todays Heisei Era shows which perfectly made clear the intent. Geez! What's with Toei these days. except for most of their KRs, I can say that most of them (except DEN-O) had more mature cases. THE 1st and the NEXT are what I can call an EPIC! And Adness' Ryuki known as Dragon Knight also made a better Toku not as kiddie-ish as the usual adaptations like today's Power Rangers. Speaking of PR, no wonder why I always prefer Saban or Showa Era Power Rangers because they HAD the Super Sentai Spirits in them than todays' Disney Era Power Rangers. All DEPRs are bunch of low quality if not ony blasphemous to the Super Sentai Spirits (I hate what they did on Dekaranger, too bad). Speaking of Sentais once more, though Go-onger may not be as kickass as Gekiranger (if Rina would be absent alongside Tokuyama who was once Kamen Rider Kick Hopper then I say "Oh No!").

Now if only they could do a GARO-ish and KR The First and The Next style, then THAT IS AN EPIC!!!

Like a passing wind...
What is being accepted in society changes. Amazon ripping apart his enemies and blood spurting everywhere was alright back then but I don't think it would pass as another good idea for Kamen Rider again because of what people think is acceptable content.

Maybe for a movie but I don't think it'll pass in the TV series.

Then again, Amazon has the little kid that was necessary in so many toku shows (and even Godzilla movie) of that era. It's justa thta what a kids show is, changes with time. Heisei Era Kamen Rider shows do have strong dramatic plots. By the way, all of you that hate Den-o I'm pretty sure missed the really serious last fifteen chapters.
And, Alpha Red, unless you only watch Super Sentai and Kamen Rider all day long, I don't see how can be your family so worried about it. See, here in my country, tokusatsu is not popular at all. Almost any anime fan around here is not aware of this genre. A friend of mine asked me days ago how I am so fan of it, and I had to explain it to him, how not everything is like Super Sentai, and he seemd to understand, even if he didn't agree.
And, of course, there is a lot of toku out there to watch, not just Toei "kiddie shows".

Then again, Amazon has the little kid that was necessary in so many toku shows (and even Godzilla movie) of that era.

You know, everyone talks about how all the old Godzilla movies always have a little kid in them but I can only think of three - in Revenge, vs. Hedorah, and vs. Megalon. It really wasn't commonplace until the 2000s.

Gamera, on the other hand...

By the way, all of you that hate Den-o I'm pretty sure missed the really serious last fifteen chapters.

I don't care how good the last fifteen episodes may or may not have been when the first 29 episodes were all so damned boring. Comedy doesn't bother me - the first episode had me rolling - but every episode I saw just felt like dull filler.

And, of course, there is a lot of toku out there to watch, not just Toei "kiddie shows".

Here, here! Even though it can be fun at times, I personally feel Toei's modern works to be rather poor and soulless compared to, say, Tsuburaya. Not trying to start anything here but I really feel like Tsuburaya's one of the only decent Tokusatsu-producing companies out there. Even the mighty Toho has fallen pretty far from what they used to be way back when, IMO. I fear the same may happen to TPC since they've been bought out by TYO. I can only hope that doesn't happen.

Then again, Amazon has the little kid that was necessary in so many toku shows (and even Godzilla movie) of that era. It's justa thta what a kids show is, changes with time. Heisei Era Kamen Rider shows do have strong dramatic plots. By the way, all of you that hate Den-o I'm pretty sure missed the really serious last fifteen chapters.
And, Alpha Red, unless you only watch Super Sentai and Kamen Rider all day long, I don't see how can be your family so worried about it. See, here in my country, tokusatsu is not popular at all. Almost any anime fan around here is not aware of this genre. A friend of mine asked me days ago how I am so fan of it, and I had to explain it to him, how not everything is like Super Sentai, and he seemd to understand, even if he didn't agree.

And speaking of which. Even here in the Republic of the Philippines, most people equate Tokusatsu with Anime, this implies that T=A. NOT TRUE. Tokusatsu is a different genre. And you can see that they are more expressive of their faces than anime does. I really want to see another or more tokusatsus that are like GARO. Garo is a kickass tokusatsu that I wished 2nd Season did came to play. And may Toei make more tokus other that Super Sentai and Kamen Rider.

^ No. It's not overrated, it's as good as people say it is in their opinions. Either way it's an opinion unless it being good or overrated can be proven factually.

As far as not for kids..........Let's just give the argument that these shows are for whoever will watch them. XD