CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I've been saying since for EVER that they need to revisit the space colony idea!!

Humans cut off from Earth by a great distance, peacefully trying to settle on a far off planet until...BAM! Bad guys attack! The people scatter in fear, the meager security force is totally useless, no matter how hard they fight back. One lone member of that force stumbles upon a cave and an ancient power... a Power that chooses him to protect his new found home from those invaders.

He springs into action and rouse the bad guys out of town, but they'll be back and he needs to find people that the Power will accept to form a team! With the support of the security force the new Rangers spring into action to defeat those invading aliens, or at least hold them back until Earth can send help.

That's how I'd adapt Shinkenger myself. A totally different location, put some nice mentor-like character in charge of the defense force with the Rangers being treated as a sort of elite unit that don't hide their identity. I would also return the hangout place and some more civilians b-plots with consequences and not just something to drop. Heck on a new planet you can have adventures out of suit that can be just as exciting as in suit! Throw in a few rescue mission and you could easily build up the non-ranger members of the defense team as interesting secondary characters with their own gear, vehicles and TOYS!

#MissionMiami
If I was in charge this is what I would do:

- Bring In the shiny suits, so that way it can blend in with Sentai footage.

- Film PR in widescreen. I'm sick of seeing good quality and then narrow looking Sentai footage. I drives me insane.

- Make the explosions awesome like they use to be. I'm tired of seeing a MOTW, fire a blast towards the rangers and it somehow ends up behind them instead of infront and they go flying up-ward in the air. Simply stupid.

- Hire Jackie back and try to get Doug Sloan and Greg as well.

- Have a 40 Episode season.

- Bring back Preludes.

-Hire a American or Canadian cast. Why bother getting Kiwi actors if they have to cover up their accent?

- Move PR's filming to Canada or US.

- Use better CGI.

- FOR GOD SAKES...Try to get Bandai to stop with the crappy toys. I know that's not in Disney's power or any other company but damn they need to stop that.

...I can go on all day along.

I don't have low self esteem.
Can we not turn this into another boring "Sentai iz bettersz, Dizneyz suckz" thread for once?

How many times have you asked for that?

Don't answer this question, because the answer's in this video.

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=17zNW-wz35E[/ame]

And you're not the only one because the over same numbers as in this video have asked for the same thing.

I made a thread making some advice to Sentai fans, but it seem people got the wrong impression of the thread, and so it was locked. It seems that the Sentai VS PR madness will continue as long as Tokusatsu/Power Rangers boards exist and there's nothing we can do about it.

Another example of a Weeaboo. Sentai snobs. But what about Power Ranger snobs (or Anti Sentites as they call themselves). They don't like Japan, so they can't be Weeaboos. What shall we call them?

Meanwhile on topic..

All I can say about Power Rangers going animated, or Jack Olesker wanting the fans to suggest ideas for the series, is.. good for them.

mmpr is overglorified because of the feeling of nostalgia that it gives us.

It was still better than Zyuranger. I heard a rumor that if G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra was successful that BoA was interested in buying out the PR franchise to do their own reboot in the vain of Rise of Cobra. But its just that: a rumor.

Lets get down to some brass tacks here:

What is so wrong with Power Rangers going animated. Animated is fast becoming one of the best mediums to tell a good story in. Prime example: Justice League Unlimited.

With an animated show, you could have so much more freedom with making everything bigger, better, more fun. Theres only so much you can do with live action, but with animated, everything becomes open for possibilities.

And you can still have an animated show with good merchandise, like changers. Ben 10 and Alien Force are prime examples of that.

So what I say is convert it over to animation, higher a crack team of writers and animators, and go for it.

Banned
It was still better than Zyuranger. I heard a rumor that if G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra was successful that BoA was interested in buying out the PR franchise to do their own reboot in the vain of Rise of Cobra. But its just that: a rumor.

In what way was it any better than Zyuranger?