Lurker
...for those who may or may not know...

Cowboy Bebop Movie will not be an origin story.

ANN
reports Erwin Stoff, producer at 3 Arts Entertainment, as having said that the upcoming Cowboy Bebop movie will not be an origin story of its hero Spike Spiegel. “We start with Spike when he is in his present life already,” says he. The script, being written by Peter Craig, is yet to be completed; nevertheless, Stoff hopes the film will be made next year. He emphasises that Cowboy Bebop’s creator, Shinichiro Watanabe, will be the first to see the completed script and will have a hand in choosing directors. The film, being produced by 20th Century Fox and in which Keanu Reeves has expressed an interest, may center on the “Red Eye” storyline seen in the first episode of the series.

cowboybebop3300x225yv6.jpg

Any thoughts on this development? The anime series also begins with Spike and crew already involved in their acts of bounty-hunting derring-do, so this, along with co-operation from Watanabe, seems to indicate that the movie will be remaining remarkably faithful to its source. It may be too early to say for sure yet, but this is definitely one to watch.

~~~~~~
glad to hear Shinichiro Watanabe is involved

"...along with co-operation from Watanabe, seems to indicate that the movie will be remaining remarkably faithful to its source..."

Can't fucken wait!!:buttrock:

Did this really need its own thread?

And as I've said before, the anime itself doesn't have an origin story, so it would have been weird for an adaptation to string out the Spike/Julia/Vicious backstory into a whole film.

If it didn't get its own thread, I wouldn't have known.

Glad they're not going the origin route tho... wonder if it'll start with Ed and Ein tho...

By the Power of Gaia!!!
so this confirms that spike didn't die at the end of bebop?
Shinchiro Watanabe was quoted as saying this about the ending.

"I've never officially said that he's died. At this point, I can tell you that I'm not sure if he's alive or dead. I think probably rather than being yelled at for killing Spike, I think ... people are more upset that I might make a continuation."

I think that monica belluci would make a good faye valentine

monica belluci is freakin goregeous :anime: