Do you own a MP3 player? If so, what kind of MP3 player is it?

Personally, I own a Zen V Plus. You have probably never heard of it, but it is a decent Mp3 player. I think I got it for Christmas in 2006.

What about you?

Administrator
Staff member
I just use my phone. I used a lot of different MP3 players before ending up on this one. I think there was a Samsung one that I liked some years back, but most have bee disappointing.

Strangely enough, I still have one even though I can easily listen to music from my phone. I've had it for 3 years and surprisingly enough, it still works and I still use it (It's a Phillips one).
I usually take it with me while I am jogging, when I have to take the bus or when I am walking alone.

I definitely remember the days of mp3 players. I own an iPod classic 160 GB model. It is still working for me, I only store music on it, no videos. I do not store mp3s on my phone. I use my phone for apps only. I only wish that Apple made the newer IPods with larger hard dr8ive capacities.

Do you own a MP3 player? If so, what kind of MP3 player is it?

Personally, I own a Zen V Plus. You have probably never heard of it, but it is a decent Mp3 player. I think I got it for Christmas in 2006.

What about you?
I was using my iPod touch. I loved that thing! I got mines about 5 years ago just as the smartphones started to take off. I just use my phone now, and actually my phone service is off so I use my phone more for video, music and Wifi. I cracked my iPod touch screen, or else I would still be on it.

I definitely remember the days of mp3 players. I own an iPod classic 160 GB model. It is still working for me, I only store music on it, no videos. I do not store mp3s on my phone. I use my phone for apps only. I only wish that Apple made the newer IPods with larger hard dr8ive capacities.
I agree that Apple should come out with larger hard drives for there iPod's. They should at least give you the option to insert a SD card to add more space. I'm sure they have the technology, but I don't have a clue why they won't release it.

My very first MP3 player was a Camnex CMX850 I received as a rather cheap gift. I absolutely would not recommend that product! I filled its mere 4 GB of storage with only a tiny sliver of the music that I wanted immediate-on-a-whim access to, its user interface was clumsy and awkward, and it started to regularly freeze and crash within about a year of purchase!

I soon gave up on the Camnex CMX850 and replaced it with the 160 GB Apple iPod Classic, a product that is absolutely superior in every conceivable metric (aside from its physical size) and moreover still works perfectly to this day nearly four years later (with the exception of the standard white ear-buds that came with it)! Although it's physically bulkier than the Apple iPod Touch or Nano models, I wanted the 160 GB of storage so that I could have immediate-on-a-whim access to pretty much any song that I would ever want to listen to! I've uploaded only the audio files and album covers from my by-no-means-small music collection, and I still have another 35 GB or so of available storage to build upon in the future! Moreover, I've only had to deal with crashing and freezing when the given file I was playing was the problem and it furthermore has a great battery life! It's the perfect MP3 player for me, and as such I don't bother with uploading MP3 files to my phone or any other device!

The standard white earbuds that came with that iPod failed within two years of purchase though, and I ended up replacing them with a set of Klipsch s4i earbuds--which is another product that I also recommend! They yield superior noise isolation and a richer, more dynamic sound (especially with regards to low frequency bass)! Moreover, they come with a variety of different plastic fittings--affording a bit of customized fitting to one's ear!

These contrasts clearly demonstrates that personal electronics are one area were it ultimately doesn't pay to try saving a buck by going with some cheap knock-off brand rather than the proven leader in that particular technology! Any savings in cost are most often overtaken by a reductions in performance and durability!

I have an Sansa Fuse with an additional chip. I have a ton of music and use the MP3 in my car. It's weird but despite all the music I have I find that I get certain songs stuck in my head and i will listen to them over and over sometimes for a few months and then i just don't want to listen to them anymore. I like the Fuse, it is probably one of the best players I have ever had, loads slow but i have quite a bit on it.

My first MP3 player was an iPod Nano - with only 2GB of storage, it didn't last me very long. Plus, the screen cracked after an unfortunate incident during a physics lab.
I now just use an iPod touch, which works great - it has 16 GB of storage. I use more of the storage for apps and photos now than for music though.