Lurker
I think Auto-Vajin worked because it was basically a super-bike which by itself is a integral part of what Kamen Rider is so having a Rider with a bike that can transform is very different but still seems more of a natural fit than something like a magic mecha train which starts getting into Sentai levels of mecha.

exactly. the robot was the bike itself, therefore it doesn't mess with the 'Kamen Rider' name that much.

now, talking about trains and castles... :eyebrow:

OK since you opened the door with "kiddy". Please tell us what toku you do like that isn't kiddy.

I should have been more specific. It felt too immature for my taste. Although, I have like show with a a lot of comedy and immaturity(Kamen Rider Den-o, Carranger, Ryukendo, etc,) for some reason with Rescue Force it was just too much for me. Also, it wasn't a main reason why I stopped Rescue Force but in the first ten episodes, there were already too many mechas.

I don't like the giant monster battles in the Rider shows because they feel forced and only there to sell more toys. Also, the CGI they use is awful.

Super Moderator
I don't like the giant monster battles in the Rider shows because they feel forced and only there to sell more toys. Also, the CGI they use is awful.

Having Rider fight giant monsters is another one that goes back to that sense of scale thing. Rider is ground level.

Not to say that it's never happened before, like the 10 Riders having to punch and kick at the Great Leader in the form of a giant rock kaiju but that was an exception to the rule made for something that if I recall correctly was meant to be the end of Kamen Rider as a whole. The point being that for the sake of a dramatic finale, raising the scale one time seems reasonable enough.

Though in fairness, I think back to the elephant Orph' from episode 2 or 3 of Faiz and I think that kinda worked. The CG was still bad though.

I don't know, I always think when they use CG to help create the illusion of more monsters is better than when they try to do one huge critter. Besides, fight choreography between live actors is always gonna be more interesting.

Like a passing wind...
I do agree on the CG handled quite badly. CG isn't really one of KR's strong points.

Super Moderator
I do agree on the CG handled quite badly. CG isn't really one of KR's strong points.

I think it Toei's CG looks great on energy effects and henshins. It's more or less ok on mechanicals. It just usually doesn't work that well for creatures.

Some kind of Beast mode
I think it Toei's CG looks great on energy effects and henshins. It's more or less ok on mechanicals. It just usually doesn't work that well for creatures.

yeah.

With bron booster (kiva), I was shocked at how much it stood out. And they
had to CG kiva's lower body and it looked disgusting.

Den-O died for me when every episode felt like a filler episode. The comedy never bothered me much, I just found the show boring as hell.