I heard from the Globe & Mail that the NHL might consider putting a 2nd franchise in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I know that America's biggest city, New York, has 2 (3 if you include the New Jersey Devils).

I have some questions of my own:

1. Will a second Toronto team pacify those who think Winnipeg & Quebec City deserves a team more than some US Southern Cities?
2. If it come via expansion, where would the 2nd team come from?
3. If there is an expansion, how would you align the teams?
4. Where would the 2nd team play at? (I doubt the Maple Leafs would allow a team call the Air Canada Centre home?)

/B$ of the Tokusatsu. fanpage.
NJ devils is not apart of the New york club. new york can keep their rangers though.

#MissionMiami
I heard from the Globe & Mail that the NHL might consider putting a 2nd franchise in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I know that America's biggest city, New York, has 2 (3 if you include the New Jersey Devils).

I have some questions of my own:

1. Will a second Toronto team pacify those who think Winnipeg & Quebec City deserves a team more than some US Southern Cities?
4. Where would the 2nd team play at? (I doubt the Maple Leafs would allow a team call the Air Canada Centre home?)

Yeah they can. The Lakers and Clippers share the Staples Center so I doubt it would be hard to do that.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Probably not. The economics of the NHL nowadays has made it somewhat more likely that Winnipeg and Quebec City might be able to support an NHL team. However, considering how both cities just don't have enough fans willing to pay NHL prices for season tickets for a team that isn't a guaranteed Stanley Cup contender, even if they did expand here it likely wouldn't last 5 seasons.

Assuming that they're not willing to have both teams play out of the ACC, they could base the second one in another city that's a part of/near the "Metro Toronto" area (like Hamilton). Really though, the only "NHL-sized" arena they've got is the ACC. Even the AHL's Marlies play there.