Lurker
**** the DCAU, it's time is long past, and it's fans are boring the **** out of people who want to see a different direction. Move the hell on.

Ugh... I have a feeling I might not like this show. Gosh. Why light-hearted?

Because the silver age was light-hearted? You know? That lengthy run of Sprang and Finger that Bruce Timm even honoured in the New Batman Adventures and which is influencing elements of Batman: R.I.P?

Because The Batman was initially light-hearted? You know? That emmy award winning show that ate up the toyshelves and made lots of money?

If half the sicophantic DCAU fanbase had an education, they'd lighten up and enjoy different intpretations of Batman, but NOOOOOO, they just bore every other objective fan to death with how whiny they are. Mommy called five years ago boys, the parents want their basement cleared.

Super Moderator
I'm willing to check this out. The creators have said it's not 60's show and I'm willing to believe them. It does seem a little soon coming off of The Batman for another Batman cartoon but then again The Batman came out while the characters DCAU version was still being featured in JLU.

While there is the Dick Sprang era feel to the artwork I can't help but notice that the action is actually pretty much on par with modern cartoons. You simply would not have ever seen anything like that in a comicbook from the 1950's. Not to say they totally lacked action but it was a very different approach with so many more limits. I think there is potential for it to be an interesting mix. I also admire the black linework look to.

It could be a lot worse in a world where visions of Batman are required to be so aggressively polarized to opposite extremes.

Chief HJU News Editor
I'm kinda more amused by Skyknights outburst more than anything :laugh:

After watching the trailer though, I did throw up a lil'.

Last edited:
Lurker
You're right that it's not entirely 1960s-like, it's more a combination of 1960s elements in conjunction with The Tick...if you listen to theme song in the preview, there seems to be an intentional nod to the opening of The Tick's intro too

Super Moderator
I've heard that even though Dick Sprang's artstyle has influenced the look, the approach is more comparable to Bob Haney's work with the character in the 70's and 80's. So he might be lighter but still a punch-a-minute action hero with the humor being more ironic or over the top rather than trying to get humor from camp or making fun of the whole Batman idea.

I mean, I wanna see more DCAU to but I don't think this is neccessarily gonna be awful.

Lurker
I'm looking forward to seeing the Plastic Man team up. The dude is funny. All the heroes that Batman is teaming up looks decent, too. Nice to see Blue Beetle. I wonder if there is gonna be a team-up ep with Etrigan the Demon. I like it when Batman gets involved with supernatural stuff.