Music Any oldies songs you're still down with?

We're so used to hearing Justin Beiber and Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift and lots of other modern artists. But as they say, classics never fade. Is that saying true? Are you still down with listening to old music from Frank Sinatra or the Beatles or Elvis Presley or The Rolling Stones?

Personally I'm still down with some of the Beatles music. I think that their songs are timeless. What classics are you down with?

I love the Beatles! At the moment, I especially am very into listening to more of classic rock from the 70's and 80's. One of my top favorite bands is Blue Oyster Cult. You should give them a listen! And of course, you can't forget Black Sabbath, The Police, Nirvana, etc. I listen to Frank Sinatra as well, occasionally, and Elvis Presley too. It all just depends on mood I suppose. But you should totally give Blue Oyster Cult a listen if you're into classic rock!

I love the Beatles! At the moment, I especially am very into listening to more of classic rock from the 70's and 80's. One of my top favorite bands is Blue Oyster Cult. You should give them a listen! And of course, you can't forget Black Sabbath, The Police, Nirvana, etc. I listen to Frank Sinatra as well, occasionally, and Elvis Presley too. It all just depends on mood I suppose. But you should totally give Blue Oyster Cult a listen if you're into classic rock!

Ah, never been a fan of Nirvana. I dunno. I've listened to their songs and tried to appreciate them especially the song Smells Like Teen Spirit but I just couldn't get into it. As for Elvis Presley, they only song that I like is Can't Help Falling in Love. Haha.

Other oldies that I like are Skidrow and Mr. Big. Is Bryan Adams considered as an oldies artist too?

Ah, never been a fan of Nirvana. I dunno. I've listened to their songs and tried to appreciate them especially the song Smells Like Teen Spirit but I just couldn't get into it. As for Elvis Presley, they only song that I like is Can't Help Falling in Love. Haha.

Other oldies that I like are Skidrow and Mr. Big. Is Bryan Adams considered as an oldies artist too?

Nirvana is great! Although I can't say that they are one of those bands that I will continue listening to non-stop. Their songs tend to be redundant in lyricism. But they're still pretty great, in my opinion! And hey, I love that song by Elvis Presley as well. To be completely honest here, that's the only song that I can name and say that I know of from him at the moment. *scratches head* lol.

I haven't heard of the last few, I'll have to check them out. Any certain song recommendations from them?

Bach and Mozart. Yeah, they were pretty and tinkly and not exactly avant-garde, and a lot of their songs go on for like half an our... but that's what I like.

That said, I sort of get the sense that it's not only about the music anymore. A lot of other stuff gets added. Maybe it was different at the time when these classical musicians were still alive, maybe they had scandalous personalities which meant that people wanted to hear their compositions and not that people genuinely thought the compositions were any good...

But I also can more easily appreciate music that comes with a context. Words. Orchestration. Maybe it scored a really touching and memorable part of a movie or television show. With a lot of ballet composers, maybe it comes with the dance. Obviously for opera and Broadway musicals, it comes with a story. And then there's the story behind each song, of course-- I would like Taylor Swift's peppy songs even if I didn't know who they were about, but even though I don't generally read gossip, the "muse abuse" gets in there. Adele and Jason Robert Brown cannibalized their "muses" too, but don't get as much flack as Taylor Swift for it.

Basically I wonder if the real test of time when it comes to a song is how good a song it is, when people aren't caught up by whatever else might have been added to it to make it popular.

Nirvana is great! Although I can't say that they are one of those bands that I will continue listening to non-stop. Their songs tend to be redundant in lyricism. But they're still pretty great, in my opinion! And hey, I love that song by Elvis Presley as well. To be completely honest here, that's the only song that I can name and say that I know of from him at the moment. *scratches head* lol.

I haven't heard of the last few, I'll have to check them out. Any certain song recommendations from them?
Mr. Big is famous for their song To Be With You. Check out the video of the song:
[video]

The best song of Skid Row (for me) is I Remember You. Check out the song:
[video]

Also, these songs don't sound old at all right? Even though they're more than two decades old.

Mr. Big is famous for their song To Be With You. Check out the video of the song:
[video]

The best song of Skid Row (for me) is I Remember You. Check out the song:
[video]

Also, these songs don't sound old at all right? Even though they're more than two decades old.
Wow. These songs were amazing! I'm definitely going to look deeper into the work of these artist when I find the time too. I don't know about them sounding 'old', as I listen to some pretty old music already. Haha. But they did remind me a bit of the way music in the 1985-2000 years sounded. Even though, I don't think old music is bad. I actually think old music is a lot better! There find that is a lot more originality in those songs.

I still love a lot of punk and new wave. In particular, I still listen to Wire and The Stranglers, but nothing much else over the past few months. I have my phases with older music.

I like David Bowie's songs. "Space Oddity" is one of my favorites! Hahaha

And I see I'm not the only fan of can't help falling in love too. I like oldies because of their depth and varying lyrics.

Wonderwall by Oasis and Total Eclipse of the heart by Bonnie Tyler are great oldies as well!

I dont know what you guys consider 'oldies. But when i was younger my dad used to play Coldplay albums. I havent stopped listening to them since. still enjoy their older stuff like yellow and the X & Y. Sorry if this isnt what you guys consider 'oldies