This was came across during a conversation with my friend..

He felt that Riders with more forms are considered to be weaker.. his explaination is that that they need to resort to these forms because they can't handle their enemies with their default form..

How do you guys feel about his viewpoint..?

Some kind of Beast mode
i think the reasons for forms are to match up with there oppenant

there are times when default works, and times when you need a form

not necessarily weak

Mad Skillz
Having more forms doesn't really mean that a Rider is weaker. It could just mean that his enemies are stronger or different specialties are needed for different enemies. To me it really is no different than using different types of attacks of different enemies.

Yeah, I agree with Kivat. Maybe a "default" form, average in everything, can beat majority of monsters that have a SLIGHT increase in speed, strength, or range; again I said SLIGHT; but if they have a higher increase of one of those things, one would need to resort to those forms to win, to be on par with the strength, speed, or range(As in Kiva).

But, if a Rider has many forms that give the SAME attribute, and the form after increases it even more, then I would say that the Rider is weak, due to it not being strong enough to handle one thing without a bigger increase of something specific. It's just the way I see it.

It depends, I guess. A lot of people say Kabuto was a wussy 'cause he kept using the Hyper Zecter. Which, I guess, can be argued because the Hyper Zecter can do some pretty ridiculous things.

But with Kiva and Den-O, it's used to counter in different areas, like other members have already said. Each form doesn't necessarily make them stronger, it just gives them a different fighting style.

Actually Den-o's forms was because he had a bunch of guys bickering over who got to use him that time.

The whole thing with forms in the end is two-fold. Versatility and commercial success. Forms sell, since it either means you get to sell a figure that can change in and out of the various forms, which kids love and will buy in droves... or you can sell one figure per form and the kids will buy their favorite version.

Now as to weaker or stronger, I don't think it matters as far as their strength. I get the strong feeling that it only seems that way because lately they've been casting their riders as weak, effeminate guys. They have been attempting to keep up with fashion and it's latest trend is a sense of androgyny and effeminancy in their men so we're getting weak looking guys as riders and it's effecting our perception of the rider. We need to go back a little to stronger looking, non-model types and let them fight evil for a while

we forget Den-O later gets climax and liner form :)
and Kiva just got his new form as well :)

but i think blades form actually makes sense to the story especially at the end where
[HIDE]kenzaki sacrificed himself for the sake of the world cause his king form allowed him to become a undead[/HIDE]