Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
But...he's a black guy sayin "change". That's all you need to know for givin him your vote:)
LOL -- Unfortunately, I think you're right about that. Because most people whom I've spoken with only are voting for him because he's claiming he's going to change things.

My English friends, when we are discussing American politics, are all amazed how people are acting like sheep when they say they're going to vote for Obama because he's for change and yet no one knows what those changes are. I have to say I agree with them.

People are acting like sheep when it comes to Obama and that is VERY scary.

LOL -- Unfortunately, I think you're right about that. Because most people whom I've spoken with only are voting for him because he's claiming he's going to change things.

My English friends, when we are discussing American politics, are all amazed how people are acting like sheep when they say they're going to vote for Obama because he's for change and yet no one knows what those changes are. I have to say I agree with them.

People are acting like sheep when it comes to Obama and that is VERY scary.

Yes, that's what I meant, I havent said coz I didnt want to be banned:) Since you said that also, I hope/presume it wont happen now...anyway, yes, that's the sensation from outside the US.

I think it's more of a, I'd rather take my chances with someone who carries himself with sincerity and integrity that many of us has never seen before and the promises of a world that we would want to pay and fight for, rather than go with yet another politician with fake smiles, badly rehersed posturing and probably will not step to bat for the common person... and if they say the will, it looks fake as hell as it always has. If Obama's faking, he's better at it than anyone I've seen, and more importantly... he's believable and makes you want to believe. Something we just don't ever get. A vote for him is saying that you want.... change. Specifics be damned, we're tired of the same that's not been leading our country in the right direction.

As I told Tokuraw, I don't have my guns loaded with specifics. I've heard 'em, read about 'em and discussed them.... but not filed them away to lay down before you.

ODP on the other hand... he makes a hobby out of loading that kind of information. Right now tho, I think he's at lunch.

I think it's more of a, I'd rather take my chances with someone who carries himself with sincerity and integrity that many of us has never seen before and the promises of a world that we would want to pay and fight for, rather than go with yet another politician with fake smiles, badly rehersed posturing and probably will not step to bat for the common person... and if they say the will, it looks fake as hell as it always has. If Obama's faking, he's better at it than anyone I've seen, and more importantly... he's believable and makes you want to believe. Something we just don't ever get. A vote for him is saying that you want.... change. Specifics be damned, we're tired of the same that's not been leading our country in the right direction.

As I told Tokuraw, I don't have my guns loaded with specifics. I've heard 'em, read about 'em and discussed them.... but not filed them away to lay down before you.

ODP on the other hand... he makes a hobby out of loading that kind of information. Right now tho, I think he's at lunch.

See what your problem is? To you, Obama is believable. Nothing wrong, of course. The fact is that you cant accept that to some people he looks like a guy yellin "I want to change" and nothing more. The fact is that you dont want to confront on him and his ideas. You said you've discussed these ideas; well, I dont doubt you did it, but for sure you havent done it here, coz here you were always I dont discuss with you coz you want to bring Obama down while he's good as bread. That's exactly why you seem like the sheeps we were talkin before. It seems that, let's say for example, OverDrivePrime tells you "Obama is good for this and that reason", and you go "muuuu" and say he's good. I hope this is not true, but that's what it seems. On a side note, if Obama wins -it will not happen, coz the whole Obama/Clinton story has served the Whitehouse to McCain on a silver plate IMO- but let's say he wins, let's hope he'll never do anything wrong, otherwise we're gonna have to see you come to the board sayin "how stupid I am, I thought a politician could be honest":)

Hi hi everybody, it was fun:)

I'm pretty sure that I already listed a bunch of specifics about Obama's campaign about two months ago in a different (but similar) thread.

I've got a ****-ton of stuff to do at work this afternoon, but I encourage anyone to go look on the Issues page of Obama's website if they somehow don't know what change he seeks and what agendas he wants to push as a president. Or... hey, just download the 64 page PDF "Blueprint for Change" booklet from his site and read up on what his plans are.

Later today, I'll try to get a good response to the surprising number of claims that change is meaningless.

I wanna fly high....
Eh....I don't like this thread anymore. People are starting to get a little mean.:disappoin

Eh....I don't like this thread anymore. People are starting to get a little mean.:disappoin
Seriously. It's usually a chilly day in hell that I actually feel offended by something on the cybertubes, but this... this comes close. C'mon, Raida|23, if you're going to behave like a jerk, at least have the decency to get my screen name right. :170:

That's exactly why you seem like the sheeps we were talkin before. It seems that, let's say for example, OverDrivePrime tells you "Obama is good for this and that reason", and you go "muuuu" and say he's good. I hope this is not true, but that's what it seems.

By the Power of Gaia!!!
See what your problem is? To you, Obama is believable. Nothing wrong, of course. The fact is that you cant accept that to some people he looks like a guy yellin "I want to change" and nothing more. The fact is that you dont want to confront on him and his ideas. You said you've discussed these ideas; well, I dont doubt you did it, but for sure you havent done it here, coz here you were always I dont discuss with you coz you want to bring Obama down while he's good as bread. That's exactly why you seem like the sheeps we were talkin before. It seems that, let's say for example, OverDrivePrime tells you "Obama is good for this and that reason", and you go "muuuu" and say he's good. I hope this is not true, but that's what it seems. On a side note, if Obama wins -it will not happen, coz the whole Obama/Clinton story has served the Whitehouse to McCain on a silver plate IMO- but let's say he wins, let's hope he'll never do anything wrong, otherwise we're gonna have to see you come to the board sayin "how stupid I am, I thought a politician could be honest":)

Hi hi everybody, it was fun:)
Raida, if you want to express an opinion, that's fine. But being obnoxious and condescending about it pretty much kills your argument.

This is hard to say but it's the truth. You say things with your family and friends that you don't intend to be hurtful to others but if they heard you they would be hurt. Tell me right now, has anyone here ever EVER acted out a Kung Fu movie scene or any kind of Asian stereotype.

Now once you find your anwer tell me would some of your Asian friends or favorite actors appreciate seeing that out of you.
Yeah thats exactly why we/I don't do it around Asian folk. Only around family where we can have a good laugh without worrying about anyone's feelings. See people take into consideration of other people's feelings.

Seriously. It's usually a chilly day in hell that I actually feel offended by something on the cybertubes, but this... this comes close. C'mon, Raida|23, if you're going to behave like a jerk, at least have the decency to get my screen name right. :170:

About your nick: Keith called you ODP, so I presumed it was OverDrivePrime. My bad, sorry if I used a capital letter where there isnt one. Feel better now?

About the jerk thing: as I already said, I used you as an example, I havent said it is like that. And I also said that I hope it isnt, coz, as Keith knows very well, I have a good opinion of him. Of course, opinion can change, and usually change when someone see his words distorted, his posts censored/deleted without a reason, lack of coherence and so on.

And it seems strange to me that just because you people think I said one thing "against" Keith -coz I havent said it, if you read my words well- I'm "being mean", or "being a jerk".

Oh well, you know what? I dont give a ****, for two reasons. First, as I said I dont want to be banned coz I've expressed my opinion. Second, I'm not american, we've already have our problems here with Berlusconi.

So, have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.