Banned
I was watching the late news on ABC and they were reporting on how gas prices in the US was nearing $4 a gallon. Yes, it's high but guess what we pay per GALLON unlike the rest of the world that pays per LITER.

1 gallon [US, liquid] = 3.785411784 liter

Some of my friends live in the Netherlands, they pay roughly 1.75€ per liter. That's around $2.70 US per LITER. Multiply that by 3.79. That's around $10.23 US a GALLON.

Ten dollars and twenty three cents in US currency.

I know that in countries like Venezuela they pay about 12¢ a gallon. ::Sigh:: I wish our gas prices was like that.

Didnt some hippies create a car that runs off vegetable oil? Yeah we should start using those.

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
Here in the Philippines, one of the senator, Sen Zubiri, said that if oil prices went up high, they'll make fuel out of sugar canes. It's called sugar ethanol (I suppose). They said they'll add it to oil/fuel/gas thus gas prices will go down to Php30+ (now Php40+ per Liter). And that roughly 71cents from 95cents.

Chief HJU News Editor
UK fuel prices:
£1.08 per litre, £4.08 per gallon = $8.04

So yeah, shut up Americans.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
I know that in countries like Venezuela they pay about 12¢ a gallon. ::Sigh:: I wish our gas prices was like that.
Yeah, but in order to do that you'd probably have to let the cocaine barons take over. :redface2:

Banned
You have a lower price, Masked Shuuyu. A friend of mine lives in Liverpool and he says that his gas prices are almost £1.15 a liter ($2.27 US). That's $8.60 a gallon! Yikes!

Riiiighhhhtttttttt......but doesn't Europe, and Asia have different economical and living standards then what us Americans have? I don't mean that in an offensive way, but aren't our Life Styles completely different?

Not too mention I think many countries in those areas embrace mass transit and walking....it's a bit difficult to do that here. For instance, my father has to drive 60 miles down and back 5-6 days a week for his job, his car gets roughly 30 miles a gallon, he'd barely even complete the week compared to me where I only drive 30 miles a day and have 32 miles a gallon.

Personally, I think we either A) need to find an alternate source rather quickly, hell we should of had a few choices for sometime now but I think there's some underhanding going on there. And these sources should not interfere with food stocking at all. B) Tap into some of the national oil reserves to show the foreign oil companies "We can handle ourselves right now, thanks" and watch their prices drop like a bolder strapped to a guys back jumping off an airplane.