Tech How long does your cell phone battery last without charging?

How long does your cell phone battery last without charging? Which cell phone has the toughest battery and which one lasts only for a day?
Okay I know that this depends on the intensity of phone usage but with "normal" usage (Having 4-5 calls a day, checking your email for few times a day) I have to charge my Huawei U8600 in about 4 days. I'm very satisfied with the performance. I've also heard that Nokia has many models with very good batteries.

It really varies for me to be honest, I have had so many times when I had not had to charge my phone within around 3 - 4 days and then on other days I have to charge it after 2 days. It really depends on how much I use it and how often during the day. With me being out and about alot I tend to use it for text messages and Facebook alot which does drain the battery more than when I am at home which is usually only ever at the weekends or in an evening.

Administrator
Staff member
If I'm working on my phone during a train ride, I can easily kill 40% of the battery. So, if I have to cover a comic convention, I have an extra external battery with me. It's saved the days tons of times now.

Shaken Not Stirred!!
LOL.. My iPhone 4 is a joke!!! I charge it throughout the night and by 2pm it needs charging again, admittedly I spend a lot of time on the phone for work and even more time on the internet but I wish it could last a little longer, maybe the new iPhone will be better. The funny thing is though I have an old Samsung phone (not a smartphone) that I use quite a bit just for calls and text and I charge the battery no more than once a week. It's a great phone which is probably why I never got rid of it (even with the mocking that takes place around me every day about it) :(

LOL.. My iPhone 4 is a joke!!! I charge it throughout the night and by 2pm it needs charging again, admittedly I spend a lot of time on the phone for work and even more time on the internet but I wish it could last a little longer, maybe the new iPhone will be better. The funny thing is though I have an old Samsung phone (not a smartphone) that I use quite a bit just for calls and text and I charge the battery no more than once a week. It's a great phone which is probably why I never got rid of it (even with the mocking that takes place around me every day about it) :(

I have a friend that has exactly the same problem as you regarding he iPhone 4 with the charging and she says it is very annoying. She pretty much uses it for the same things as you do but due to her work schedule she is hardly on it so she can never understand why it uses so much battery, she has even checked to see what is running in the background and turned things off she really does not need and even that does not prevent the problem.

I was reading the other day about how the iPhone 5 is the slowest mobile on the market at the moment. For it to be slow there must be some kind of reason for it I would have thought, maybe could point to the battery problem.

My phone's battery can die rather quick if I'm trying to use something like Twitter on it for a while, but if it's just sitting during the day, I can just charge it overnight and be fine.

Have you noticed that if you intensively use your cell phone for let's say 1 hour the battery will drop extremely. But when you leave it for few minutes it returns to certain level :)

I am on the internet twenty-four hours a day and my radio is always on. My phone battery is pretty old so it never lasts long and has to be charged daily.

Unfortunately, my Android S4 cannot last 2 days without me having to charge it. It's idle most of the time as well, so that makes it even worse. I may make a phone call or two, and unlock the screen to check the time two or three times, but other than that, the battery drains when the screen is off. I'm very disappointed since battery life is one of the huge aspects I look for when buying a phone and this one seems to run out fairly quickly.