Last week, I tripped while walking out of my dorm room, and just before I fell I held my arm over my face to protect it, and went right through the wall in the hallway. There's now this gigantic hole in the wall from where my elbow went through it, and now I'm being charged for the cost of repairs. If they just wanted me to pay for the cost of materials needed to fix it, then I would be fine with that (it would be roughly $20-$25), but they expect me to pay $100-$150 for a professional to come in and fix it.

Don't think for a second that I'm not gonna fight this injustice :sparta!:

Eye See You
Sucks. Even though an accident you will end up having no choice but to pay for it.

They'd probally even increase ur dorm rent for the month for that extra amount and if you don't pay then adios.

You can try ur best to fight this but you mine aswell run naked with a boner toward a wall.

Still shitty dude.

I'll put on "War Machine". Make sure when you let them know u ain't paying that "YOU BETTA' WATCH OUT... 'CAUSE I'M A WAAAR MACHINEEEEEE, YEAH!"

what/how did you trip on? you could always try sueing em or something for a unsafe living place/area :D
would cost more than its worth though...

You could maybe shop around though and seeif there are any "professionals" that can't fix it for less than they are saying... How about a pic of the damage ?.. I've tripped before but never put a hole into a wall S:

Eye See You
what/how did you trip on? you could always try sueing em or something for a unsafe living place/area :D

#1. He tripped by accident, doesn't necissiarly mean it was something unless he had a bad hangover or was looking at naked pictures of Ace Frehley again.

#2. Go ahead and try sueing. Everyone seems to think "I can sue you" for anything. Unfortunatley that **** don't really work. It's unfortunate.

I raise my fist up for Doug. Hopefully things go his way.

I'm not gonna sue, I really hate it when people sue over anything nowadays. Also, I tripped because I was running in flip-flops :sweat:

What I'm gonna do is tell them that since it's my money being spent fixing that piece of **** that they call a wall, I should decide how it's gonna get fixed. There's a Sears about a mile away, so I could just walk there, buy the materials, and fix it myself for just $25.

Also, FK, I don't drink and I'm more of a Paul Stanley fan :laugh:

Eye See You
I'm not gonna sue, I really hate it when people sue over anything nowadays. Also, I tripped because I was running in flip-flops :sweat:

What I'm gonna do is tell them that since it's my money being spent fixing that piece of **** that they call a wall, I should decide how it's gonna get fixed. There's a Sears about a mile away, so I could just walk there, buy the materials, and fix it myself for just $25.

Also, FK, I don't drink and I'm more of a Paul Stanley fan :laugh:

Flipflops right there show it's ur "fault".

Man, LOL after that then go and tell ur U.S. Government how to spend ur tax money. It ain't gonna work.

They don't want YOU to fix it they want a professional so they can pocket some cash. The University can't just say "Yeah a student broke the wall and fixed it himself". It's all a bunch of legal **** which if they actually allowed u to do u could sue them for since ur not a tradesman.

Paul Stanley is awesome.

Ok, I'll throw on "Who Want's to be Lonely". I grew up with KISS, my Dad changed our last name to Simmons because of his idol Gene (ask onyone who ive traded with).

Sorry to go off topic but I'm in the mood for KISS meets the Phantom of the Park. Which really was KISS meets Tokusatsu ;)

Nonethless dude. Goodluck.

GAh! THIS JUST IN FLIPFLOPS UNSAFE! SUE THE FLIP FLOP COMPANY & THE GOVERMENT FOR LETTING THEM PUT IT OUT :p

& yes its a joke I know and people say it because quite frankly you can sue for anything you could even sue me for making this post I am sure some how :S

Banned
Submit to them a bill for your medical expenses. Go see a doctor and complain about the pain in your arm from where you fell and hit it. I'm sure once they have your medical bill they'll lay off on having you fix the wall.

Submit to them a bill for your medical expenses. Go see a doctor and complain about the pain in your arm from where you fell and hit it. I'm sure once they have your medical bill they'll lay off on having you fix the wall.

Here's the funny part: I'm completely unharmed. Seriously, not even a scratch. That's how completely flimsy that wall is.

I did talk to my RA, though, and he said that he's meeting with whoever's charging me for this mess tonight, so he'll ask her about letting me fix it.

Last week, I tripped while walking out of my dorm room, and just before I fell I held my arm over my face to protect it, and went right through the wall in the hallway. There's now this gigantic hole in the wall from where my elbow went through it, and now I'm being charged for the cost of repairs. If they just wanted me to pay for the cost of materials needed to fix it, then I would be fine with that (it would be roughly $20-$25), but they expect me to pay $100-$150 for a professional to come in and fix it.

Don't think for a second that I'm not gonna fight this injustice :sparta!:
That's fucking awesome.