The Walking Dead

This TV series is not always everyone's cup of tea and I personally did not hear about it until around October 2011 when a friend I have in the US told me about it and suggested I give it a try because he thought I would really like it. He wasn't wrong. This one was another that took me around 1-2 episodes to get into but once I was into it, I was hooked.

You can notice a lot of problems with the TV series but over all it's a really good show and really does give you an insight into what it would be like during a zombie apocalypse.

I am now eagerly awaiting season 4 which I am guessing will probably premier in October 2013, looking forward to see how things progress with The Governor :)

Anyone else excited for Season 4?

Shaken Not Stirred!!
I have never been drawn to this series.. It just doesn't sound appealing to me for some reason.. What exactly is the plot shortie861?

Basically it starts out normal, two police officers are doing their job and one gets shot and ends up in a critical condition in hospital. He is in there for quite a while and when he finally comes round the hospital is deserted and he decides to make his way outside not really understanding what is going on. When he gets outside it's quiet and he comes across dead bodies and people walking around aimlessly (zombies)

He goes back to his own home to try and find his wife and kid but nobody is there so he decides to walk further out which is when he comes across another guy with his kid, they knock him out and bring him inside and try to figure out if he was bit by zombies turns out he is not so they help him get back on his feet and in return the police officer helps them with a shower, ammunition, guns and walkie talkies from the police station, they then part ways saying they will keep in touch with each other through walkie talkies each day. The police officer then goes off on his way and eventually gets trapped inside a tank that is surrounded by zombies until another guy Glenn comes and helps he out, turns out the guy that helps him out Glenn is also part of a group of survivors those of which include the police officers son, wife and best friend who he worked with.

It really is following a group of people who are trying their best to survive a zombie apocalypse and you never know who will die next or what will happen and now we are at the point of where it's fighting for survival against those who are not infected.

Shaken Not Stirred!!
Well, with your detailed plot description you've sold it to me haha.. It sounds amazing but when I've seen trailers it has always put me off but after that I'm definitely gonna watch it. Thanks you

Administrator
Staff member
It's good in spite of its flaws. I'm still not sure how I feel about them splitting the prison story line into two seasons. They had some really strong episodes last season.

I really want to start watching this, but every time I go to watch an episode, a friend of mine texts me full spoilers for the episode so I gave up watching it.

I know a lot of people who watch The Walking Dead, but I am not really a fan of it. I have watched a few episodes and I thought they were okay. Personally, I do not feel like it is my cup of tea. :p

I'm a big fan of The Walking Dead. It's not that I like zombie movies/tv shows much but this TV show is much more than that. It portrays the behavior of people after an apocalypse - plot used many times, but in this show it fits well (actors give great performance, the story is realistic (at least when it comes to after-apocalypse period:) ) Can't wait for the new season this autumn.