First Ever (Official) Kamen Rider Team!? "Den-O & Kiva: Climax Deka"

Mr. Kamen Rider
I think it's vague enough that you could see it either way. The official guide books have just left it open, saying that "Den-O comes back" or "Den-O's battle isn't over yet." (I'm going by the "More More lLimax Book" from NewType, the "Den-O + Kiva Climax!!" mook guide from Toei Hero MAX, and the program from the theater.) And the movie itself doesn't take any stance, although I feel the development of the characters felt more like a progression of the end of the series than something all new, especially in regards to

[HIDE]Ozaki's comments when he first boards the Den-Liner, Ryuutaros' reaction to Airi, the Owner being known as "Owner" rather than his new title and Ryôtarô's entire attitude towards the detective thing, especially at the end of the movie.

The only things I found really at odds with the show were Zeronos having more cards (which can be explained away) and there being evil Imagin left (which again, I think can be explained away.) [/HIDE]

I personally think the alternate universe/story thing just unnecessarily complicates everything but I generally hate AUs anyway so I'm predisposed to not think of it as that. I do think that the movie skips on some details and forgoes some logic for the sake of keeping it simple and entertaining (since not everyone seeing the movie will have seen all the series or paid as much attention.) But I don't think it has to be considered an alternate universe just because not everything matches up cookie-cutter perfect. I do think there's potentially an in-between story that could be told to tie the two together better, but it's not really crucial to have.

But it's pretty much moot to try and figure it out anyway, so if you believe it's an alternate universe, then you do. If you don't, you don't.

Last edited:
Ruler of all
@Ryuuta: Yeah it's definitely is not a sequel. Plus it's kinda silly how horse fangire is still alive, so probably it's in another universe as u said.

DSP

Lurker
@Ryuuta: Yeah it's definitely is not a sequel. Plus it's kinda silly how horse fangire is still alive, so probably it's in another universe as u said.

Well perhaps this was before the Kiva series started and after the den-o series, the horse fangire could be there as he had yet to be sealed, if I read Igadevil's review correctly the fangire was owned pretty early and had not yet met Kiva. And isn't the reason the agency set up to get rid of imagins who survived the events of the final episode?

Mr. Kamen Rider
Owner sets up the Den-Liner Police to search for the stolen Pass. Why go through all the trouble to do that? Owner's weird, and they thought it would be a funny idea for the movie (that's pretty close to what Kobayashi has said.)

As for the Horse Fangire, it won't surprise me if we start seeing multiples of them anyway towards the end when they inevitably start running out of money, but even still I don't think that really says much; it's like saying "Kamen Rider vs. Shocker" has to happen in a seperate universe because Gilgaras appears despite being was in the last episode before Rider 2 flies off the South America. TV/Movie inconsistencies are really nothing new.

Also, worth pointing out: I read through the movie program again and it pretty explictly implies that this is following the events of the TV series in the descriptions for Den-O & Ryôtarô. I'll stick with what I said though, because the issue of continuity it's so vague (and superfluous, really) if you think this was in-continuity, then that's what you think, etc., and that's it. I'm not changing anyone else's mind any more than they're going to change mine.

Last edited:
I think Den-O shows as well as any series can that inconsistencies are bound to pop up in their world, from Kintaros not being kicked off the DenLiner because what he did wrong never techically happened, to the piano man's "death", to the Zeronos cards saving Yuto from being erased by the female Snail Imagin. It doesn't all match up, but it's all a rich tapestry.

I come from the school that "the Climax goes on no matter what", as opposed to "the Climax stops, then starts up again somewhere else just to fit itself in nicer".

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
It wouldn't surprise me if there is multiple species of Fangire (isn't Garuru part of a clan for exemple?) so it would be no surprise that there are multiple Horse Fangire in other parts of the world (they can't just all exist in Japan after all).

Either that or its time travel :laugh: