Old time Cartoons

I see a lot of posts about anime, which is so different than old time cartoons.

Show your age, do you remember, The Flinstones, The Jetsons, Tom & Jerry, Felix the Cat, or any other?

I do. I remember waking up saturday mornings to watch also the looney tunes.

Great good old cartoons.

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a fan of the classic WB cartoons. Bosko's good. Daffy before he was jerk Daffy. Not all that crazy about Buddy. I also love enough of the Fleischers' stuff. Winsor McCay too. But, so far as toons when I was actually a kid, I suppose He-Man and Thundercats. Bionic Six too... That was pretty terrible. You should hunt down an episode just to see how terrible it is.

Contributor
As much as I love the old Looney Toons and Tom&Jerry, my favorite cartoon will always be Muppet Babies. Looking back on it now, it's dripping in 80's style. Any scene without the babies is pure Marvel.

Hint hint, Disney. You now own the Muppets, Marvel, and Lucasfilm. I think that takes care of 90% of the licensing issues. ;)

I'm a fan of the classic WB cartoons. Bosko's good. Daffy before he was jerk Daffy. Not all that crazy about Buddy. I also love enough of the Fleischers' stuff. Winsor McCay too. But, so far as toons when I was actually a kid, I suppose He-Man and Thundercats. Bionic Six too... That was pretty terrible. You should hunt down an episode just to see how terrible it is.

Never heard of the Bionic Six, I will have to check out for the laugh.
He-man was awesome, in his time. It comes on a couple of the old channels, I find myself watching the full episode. Yes, I need a life. o_O

As much as I love the old Looney Toons and Tom&Jerry, my favorite cartoon will always be Muppet Babies. Looking back on it now, it's dripping in 80's style. Any scene without the babies is pure Marvel.

Hint hint, Disney. You now own the Muppets, Marvel, and Lucasfilm. I think that takes care of 90% of the licensing issues. ;)

Oh Yes, the Muppet show, the Muppet movies, and the Muppet babies. Ms. Piggy, Kermit, Animal, cookie monster, are simply classics.
I went to Disney MGM (before it became Hollywood Studios ) and they had the Massey's parade Kermit Balloon. It was a great experience.

Oh Saturday mornings, what happened to you? lol. I used to watch the Flintstones , Tom & Jerry.. remember Woody Woodpecker? Actually, if you were a Saturday morninger, we watched all the same things! It's not like we had the options they have today. We had the best cartoons! For me though, nothing will ever beat Bugs Bunny and the gang.. they all still have my heart <3

Doesn't anybody around here remember catdog?

The cartoons back then were tons better then the ones now. I mean the X-Men and Spiderman animations weren't "babified" like the newer ones.

I still kind of hate how everyone seems to forget that Rouge and Gambit were a item.

Oh Saturday mornings, what happened to you? lol. I used to watch the Flintstones , Tom & Jerry.. remember Woody Woodpecker? Actually, if you were a Saturday morninger, we watched all the same things! It's not like we had the options they have today. We had the best cartoons! For me though, nothing will ever beat Bugs Bunny and the gang.. they all still have my heart <3

Over here in the UK it wasn't just on Saturday mornings either. Every day when my slightly older sister and I would get up for school, and put on ITV there would be cartoon after cartoon airing, and I would always slow on putting my school uniform on because I didn't want the happy moment to end. Seems a strange thing to remember, but those moments were special.

Over here in the UK it wasn't just on Saturday mornings either. Every day when my slightly older sister and I would get up for school, and put on ITV there would be cartoon after cartoon airing, and I would always slow on putting my school uniform on because I didn't want the happy moment to end. Seems a strange thing to remember, but those moments were special.

Are you talking about the 90s though? Because in the 80s it was only Saturday mornings lol. As far as I recall anyway. I think there were only two channels back then LOL (only a slight exaggeration)

Are you talking about the 90s though? Because in the 80s it was only Saturday mornings lol. As far as I recall anyway. I think there were only two channels back then LOL (only a slight exaggeration)

No, I am talking about the 90's. I wasn't born in the 80's. I was actually born in 1990. It seems like the more time goes on, the more quality we lose to things, including cartoons, so I can't even imagine what the eighties cartoons must have been like.