There are some guides around if you google for doing it yourself, but I don't know about programs. I don't really trust them >_>
And if you do use one you're mean :p

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
Why bother with a program? All you need to do is learn how to work the bidding system eBay has so that it works for you. Just set you high bid to the absolute max that you're willing to go. So long as no one bids higher than that, you'll be fine.

e.g. Let's say I'm bidding against Keith for some item. The starting bid for the item is $20. If I am the first bidder, I will set my max bid to, say, $100. Now this does not mean that I will automatically pay $100 if no one else bids. If no one else bids, I'll just pay the original $20. When you "bid" for something on eBay, remember that you're not just making a bid, you're actually telling them the maximum amount that you're willing to spend on it.

Now if Keith tries to outbid me, he cannot see or know that I set my max bid to $100. So if he bids $25, since my max bid is still higher than his, eBay will automatically put my bid higher than his (say, $27). Keith can continue upping his bids (say, $30...$40...$50, etc), but as long as he does not go higher than my absolute max, then I have nothing to worry about. I'll just end up paying whatever it ends up being.

Now, if Keith DOES go higher, then so be it. It means that he obviously was willing to spend more for the item than I was. Remember that a big thing about eBay is that you have to be smart about how much you're actually willing to spend on an item. You have to think to yourself, is it worth X amount of dollars? Do you actually HAVE that much money to spend on it? If you do and you think that it's worth it, then set your max bid to THAT price.

Why bother with a program? All you need to do is learn how to work the bidding system eBay has so that it works for you. Just set you high bid to the absolute max that you're willing to go. So long as no one bids higher than that, you'll be fine.

e.g. Let's say I'm bidding against Keith for some item. The starting bid for the item is $20. If I am the first bidder, I will set my max bid to, say, $100. Now this does not mean that I will automatically pay $100 if no one else bids. If no one else bids, I'll just pay the original $20. When you "bid" for something on eBay, remember that you're not just making a bid, you're actually telling them the maximum amount that you're willing to spend on it.

Now if Keith tries to outbid me, he cannot see or know that I set my max bid to $100. So if he bids $25, since my max bid is still higher than his, eBay will automatically put my bid higher than his (say, $27). Keith can continue upping his bids (say, $30...$40...$50, etc), but as long as he does not go higher than my absolute max, then I have nothing to worry about. I'll just end up paying whatever it ends up being.

Now, if Keith DOES go higher, then so be it. It means that he obviously was willing to spend more for the item than I was. Remember that a big thing about eBay is that you have to be smart about how much you're actually willing to spend on an item. You have to think to yourself, is it worth X amount of dollars? Do you actually HAVE that much money to spend on it? If you do and you think that it's worth it, then set your max bid to THAT price.

Yeah that might work for you and others, but I prefer sharking, or sniping or w/e you call it. Its pretty much last minute bidding, you get it at a cheaper price if you ask me and theres a more guarantee you'll get want you want.

Say theres an item with a few bids and its currently at $5.00, now if I put my Max one day before it ends at $15, people are bound to bid but might not beat my max but I still will end up paying maybe $14 or so bucks. Now if bid say 3 minutes before it ends with a bid of $6.00, not as much bids can get in before it ends as compared to if I bid a day before, so I get what I want at a lower price. For expensive stuff sharking could come in handy if you care about saving, not really worth the extra effort for the cheap things. Usually when I shark a re-bid even if I'm still the high bidder and increase my maximum like 30 seconds before it ends just in case some one bids literally last second over my max.