Lurker
Finale spoilers

[hide]...And then there were three...

Grey's actor acted with all less emotion than the shovel John was using to bury Jack. Nice use of continuity from "To The Last Man", and "Fragments" giving us another apperance from the victorian Torchwood, even giving them an episode-within-an-episode.

Half of Cardiff is blown up, the nuclear reactors are triggered, Grey is revealed as the man behind most of the chaos. Owen attempts to prevent the radiation leaking manually with Tosh's help in the hub. Grey infiltrates the hub, shoots and severly wounds Tosh, but she still manages to instruct Owen on how to operate the controls from the facility. Owen is too late to escape the room as the doors seal, so he has to wait until the radiation dissolves his entire body. Jack and Gwen return to the hub, Jack defeats Grey, and Tosh dies[/hide]

Glad that they didnt kill off any characters they could progress...and some attention to detail really helped. Have no idea what direction the show will have now, but at least Marsters can become a recurring character if he wants to return again

Amazing finale. Very moving, great performence from Naoko Mori. Sad to see my favourite character go. Hope she gets some more good jobs soon.
Was glad they didn't kill everyone off like the rumors, and it was a really nice setup for a new series, to add new team members next year. I suppose Martha won't be entirely bad if they pick her, the other one I hope they pick a new good character, not the copper. Good exit for Owen, glad he's gone but was impressed with his exit too.

That "Because you're breaking my heart!" line was amazing... ;_;

[HIDE]I admit I was shocked that they actually killed off Toshiko as she was my favorite character in Torchwood besides Captain Jack!

Owen, I couldn't have cared less about as he was a miserable sod altho he did die a heroic death [as befitting one who was a zombie as well as King of the Weevils!:laugh:] but I was really hoping they were going to kill off Gwen or Ianto or better still the both of them as they're both annoying characters who wouldn't be missed but no, they go and kill off Toshiko and Owen who at least to some people had some redeeming value at the end of the day...

As for Captain Jack's coming back to our time after being buried in AD72, I'm still bloody confused! If he was dug up in 1901 and cryogenically frozen for over 100 years then who the ****'s the other Captain Jack that's lead Torchwood in Cardiff or is that the same Captain Jack!?! *Think his head's going to explode as his head can't work out what exactly happened*

One thing's certain, things are never going to be the same for Torchwood next season and if they can get rid of Gwen and Ianto, I'll be a happy bunny!:laugh:[/HIDE]

DSP

Lurker
[HIDE]I admit I was shocked that they actually killed off Toshiko as she was my favorite character in Torchwood besides Captain Jack!

Owen, I couldn't have cared less about as he was a miserable sod altho he did die a heroic death [as befitting one who was a zombie as well as King of the Weevils!:laugh:] but I was really hoping they were going to kill off Gwen or Ianto or better still the both of them as they're both annoying characters who wouldn't be missed but no, they go and kill off Toshiko and Owen who at least to some people had some redeeming value at the end of the day...

As for Captain Jack's coming back to our time after being buried in AD72, I'm still bloody confused! If he was dug up in 1901 and cryogenically frozen for over 100 years then who the ****'s the other Captain Jack that's lead Torchwood in Cardiff or is that the same Captain Jack!?! *Think his head's going to explode as his head can't work out what exactly happened*

One thing's certain, things are never going to be the same for Torchwood next season and if they can get rid of Gwen and Ianto, I'll be a happy bunny!:laugh:[/HIDE]

Well at that point in 1901 there were two captain jacks, the present one that grey buried and the one that was still waiting for he doctor.

[HIDE]As for the episode, they killed off my favourite chracters, but in a way I'm glad they did, I don't think either of them could go on emotionally, Owen was already dead and probably sick and tired of trying not to ge cut cos it would never heal, and Tosh well she has been put through a lot of stuff and with Owne dying I don't think she would had stayed with torchwood, I mean she lost that war guy earlier I don't think she could lose another love of her life. Well I look forward to the next series, I hope the new members if any will be awesome.[/HIDE]

Great Sage-Equal of Heaven

:bawling:

All I can say on the matter, really.

Black Version
Honestly, I wish they'd made the finale into a two-parter and perhaps excised some of the crap from earlier in the season (I'm looking at you, "From out of the Dark"). It had a lot of good qualities, but it was all terribly rushed. At the end, all of the OMGWORLDENDINGNOW chaos from earlier in the episode hardly seemed to matter at all.

My wife's not looking forward to next season; I'm willing to give it a chance. If they can get good actors coming in to replace Torchwood's losses (getting Marsters on in a recurring role would be nice) and a good set of writers, it'll still be worth watching.

Banned
Do we know that Owen is dead? Because all we saw was that the room flooded and that was it. We never saw him actually "die".

Chief HJU News Editor
According to the actor he said:

"You don't know if Owen died, he might have broke into the sewers and become king of the Weevils."

Well, a blast of that caliber would almost certainly destroy his body, or at least damage it incredibly. I prefer the idea of Tosh 'staying on' with her consciousness in the computer, but that's a little too <insert that comic/ super hero/ film/ plotline I forgot>. Just felt that her death was horribly unjust. Then again, it was one of the best scenes in the series so far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfp7wnf3y14

;_;

The king of the weevils thing was a joke, but maybe they'll use that if they run out of ideas >_<