Super Moderator
I did it wasn't terribly convincing or backed with much evidence :O

So does the idea the actor hated the show just make you guys feel better about Agito or something? If you've got something to back up your end then ok fine. I'm open.

As I said, I had a friend of mine very experienced in translation take a look at the Japanese Wikipedia article, found here:

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/オダギリジョ....E3.83.80.E3.83.BC.E3.82.AF.E3.82.A6.E3.82.AC

This references an actual interview that the actor himself gave in a magazine called Picked Up.

Now at the end of the day this is just a Wikipedia article and I have no problem admitting that. However, based on the article itself at least, while he wasn't big on tokusatsu in general before the show it's right there that he liked Kuuga once he got to sit down and talk about it with the creators of the show and also that he enjoyed the experience making it.

So while Joe most likely doesn't care to spend his days off watching Changeman or something, that doesn't mean he loathed making Kuuga.

Eye See You
yup, btw where can i watch it? cant seem to find any on veoh or youtube, one of my fav older series

There are a few HK sets out there. Mind you the subs are horrid but still better then watching it raw. I suggest you try to find an HK set. I don't think any groups will be subbing this sucker any time soon.

Also, it's not an older series at all. I think we can consider it "Older" when New gen KR celebrates it's 10th Anniversary.

He's entitled to not like Tokusatsu. We're not talking about art here. If you really look at Kamen Rider in the past, it wasn't that good. On top of that is the social stygma associated with tokusatsu in general, much like the one involved in Power Rangers. Think about the ratio of Ranger actors who really went on to do bigger and better versus those who haven't. So, I can see where the guy is coming from.

Either way, it's a show, what does the actor have to do with anything once the damn thing is made

Would like to change his avatar
He's entitled to not like Tokusatsu. We're not talking about art here.

No, it's just Joe Odagiri thinking he's a true "artist" and thinking it will make him seem cool or stay legit to dump on it. Like Heath Ledger slamming comic books and their movie adaptations, or Daniel Craig thinking he'll keep cred by putting down all things 007. It's just lame.

Either way, it's a show, what does the actor have to do with anything once the damn thing is made

It IS difficult to watch a show centered on a guy who you know isn't too happy to be there! It's not like he's the fifth main Rider -- it's his show. And I always thought his discomfort was evident by later Kuuga episodes.