Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Discussion Thread (June 26, 2009)

It's Judgement Time!
I mean, bloody hell STARSCREAM of all Transformers getting taken down by a bunch of humans?!

Starscream never got taken down, especially not by humans.

I loved the movie and the human focus. Actual comedy helped me get into the movie. And remember they didn't have the budget to do everything you guys keep talking about. They simply did not have the budget to make a 120 minutes of nothing but CG robots. You guys need to deal with it. Money is a factor in everything.

I thought it was nice that we see humans as capable and not helpless little bitches like in every other alien invasion movie. Our military actually figured out a weakness and went for it. It was great.

I do think we're getting the Constructicons though.

Somehow I strongly doubt that. At least, they definitely won't be combiners. Haven't even heard what the budget is for the movie but even with a better budget, I don't see them doing it.

Soundwave would be a great decepticon addition among others. Wheeljack or Grimlock would be a great addition to the autobot team. I suspect we might get a couple Autobot additions and a handful of brand new decepticon additions.

Simply because the Decepticon team needs it's ranks filled out.

Last edited:
Banned
Yeah they did have the money. And lets say they didn't, what they filled the rest of the time with was just bad writing. A kid trying to get into the pants of a hot chick that in reality would be totally out of his league, some stupid sub plot about a government organization that was nothing more than slap stick comedy in the movie, and some horrid plot line about glasses. The fact they wrote in that the military can take down decepticons, just removes the need for any autobots.

yeah that mikayla chick or what ever her name was is WAAAAYYY out of that guy's lead

jesus cripes she was hot

The sequel's not gonna be as good as the original. They're gonna try too hard thus failing like most sequels to good movies do.

Somehow I strongly doubt that. At least, they definitely won't be combiners. Haven't even heard what the budget is for the movie but even with a better budget, I don't see them doing it.

Soundwave would be a great decepticon addition among others. Wheeljack or Grimlock would be a great addition to the autobot team. I suspect we might get a couple Autobot additions and a handful of brand new decepticon additions.

Simply because the Decepticon team needs it's ranks filled out.

There will be combiners in this movie going by what Santos and Bay have said.

They both want more decepicons and more 'unique' transformers. Well the Constructicons are about as unique and iconic as it gets.

Budget's not a problem for two reasons. One, the first film was largely creating everything from scratch, now they have a template of sorts to draw upon so from here on out, everything should look much better and be more smoothly done. Two, thanks to the huge success of the first movie, I would almost guarantee you the budget for the sequel is bigger.

Found this on Rangerboard...well...at least it answers my question if any combiners will appear in the sequel.

[JFC MOD EDIT] HOTLINKING KILLS KITTENS. PLEASE SAVE THE KITTENS AND USE A FREE PICHOSTING SERVICE LIKE IMAGESHACK.US TO HOST YOUR PICS.

Source link: IESB

Last edited by a moderator: