General Discussion Online TV Viewing

I rarely watch TV online. There's always the risk of a stream or connection failure (the quality also isn't as good and there could be desync problems), so I set my DVR most of the time.

I would only watch individual episodes online as a last resort. If I forget to set my DVR or it fails to record (although that's a rare occurrence) and a rerun won't be airing anytime soon, then I'll see if I can find it online.

I rarely watch TV online. There's always the risk of a stream or connection failure (the quality also isn't as good and there could be desync problems), so I set my DVR most of the time.

I would only watch individual episodes online as a last resort. If I forget to set my DVR or it fails to record (although that's a rare occurrence) and a rerun won't be airing anytime soon, then I'll see if I can find it online.

I like your approach. To be honest, I have never owned a DVR, if I miss an episode, I may or may not look for it online, unless it is the new Arrow, Bones, or Big Bang. They are my absolute favorite shows.

I like the flexibility of watching online, but I prefer my TV screen to my laptop screen. Watching stuff on a big screen makes everything more exciting and real. I don't own an internet TV set yet, but watching online TV is good, especially when I've missed some episodes of my favorite shows.

But yes, if I had the choice, I would never watch my actual television again. All of my TV comes from the internet. The only problem then is if your internet connection goes off for some reason, and you have to wait for it to come back on. Then you are kind of crewed for TV unless you have downloaded the episodes onto your cell phone or computer. But if your laptop or computer breaks down, you are still screwed.

This is a downfall. Interesting though. You have thought of ahead to download the content to your phone or computer. I imagine that if both fail then there is an issue.

I do not depend on either. I have both, a computer and a TV. I have never downloaded any content. I always stream. I do like the flexibility of owning both. I am not sure if I would like to make it without both available.