General Discussion Are You Easy To Get Close To?

I am someone that is quite affectionate, and I can be quite needy too - being a Libra and all. But because I am aware of this, I school it and come across as kind of cold and or arrogant. I am not at all like this at all, but people see me thins way.

I have come to realize that I am pretty picky when it comes to who I surround myself with, and only a few rare people can get through to me on a core level with very little effort.

Are you difficult to get close to?

I think I'm difficult to get close to, but not because I want to... It's just I have been tru a lot. So isn't easy to trust people after all the things that have happened in my life, I'm so afraid to show my real self and open up to people, because I'm scared they will hurt me again.

Trusting people is hard, to be honest I don't even trust my current boyfriend that much. He often says he will stay with me until the end, but I can't know for sure if he will do that, since I've heard that before... words are just that: words. So getting close to me is hard... but I must say earning my trust isn't impossible :)

I wouldn't even say that I am afraid to show the real me any more. I have learned that if people can't handle the real them, then that is up to them, but it is not going to prevent me from being myself. I'm me, and being false is exhausting. take it or leave it.

Even though I am very affectionate as a person, I guess I am pretty judgemental, and I judge people and reject them accordingly.

I suppose I'm not easy to get close to, but part of it is because I am more of an introvert and don't like being around people a whole lot to begin with. If I'm around people too much in a given day, by the time I get home I need some "me time" to recharge so to speak. Some people thrive on being around others and get stressed out being alone, while with others such as myself, it feels like an emotional drain beyond a certain point.

Also, it depends on who is trying to get close to you, if that makes any sense. If I sense that the person just wants friendship from me then I am a lot more receptive to being open with them and just being me, despite whether we click or not. but when that element of romance is introduced, I tend to clam up and make myself unavailable to the person. It is almost impossible to get close to me romantically.

I used to like to be around people, but have found out that I like my alone time. I enjoy having family around, but even that I limit now a days.

It is not easy to get to know me, but once you do, you have a friend for life.

I have a friend that I have known my whole life, 51 years and counting. There are several since High School, 30 + years, and so forth.

I used to like to be around people, but have found out that I like my alone time. I enjoy having family around, but even that I limit now a days.

It is not easy to get to know me, but once you do, you have a friend for life.

I have a friend that I have known my whole life, 51 years and counting. There are several since High School, 30 + years, and so forth.

It is the same for me. I mean, I am not that easy to please as far as people go. I just like decent people. They should not be so hard to come across, but in this world they surprisingly are hard to come by. I don't have any long term friends to be honest. I still talk to them but I don't consider them my friends. They are just people on my Facebook account, and I spent my entire academic career with them.

Well, considering that I have a girlfriend for seven months now. Then I do consider myself to be pretty affection person. I will help people if they ask me or even if they look like they need help.

It is the same for me. I mean, I am not that easy to please as far as people go. I just like decent people. They should not be so hard to come across, but in this world they surprisingly are hard to come by. I don't have any long term friends to be honest. I still talk to them but I don't consider them my friends. They are just people on my Facebook account, and I spent my entire academic career with them.

I think that is what we all want, decent people that to come across our path. It is a shame that they are so hard to come by.

I heard once that if by the time you die you can count your friends with your fingers, then you did really well.

I will see then, where life has taken me. I hope I still have few at that time. :)

It depends on the person and the purpose of approach to me. For friendship, I would consider by talking to the person to see whether or not he or she is going to be a good friend, not the one who asks me to the bar To Get DDrunk or smoke because I don't like any of that. I am easy to get close to as long as the person is nice and doesn't have any negative intention.