No Career Mode In WWE 2k14

When waiting for more information on wwe 2k14, before the game had been released, I was told - unofficially - that the games season/career mode was going to return in the game, because they had taken it our of the previous game in favour of the Attitude Era mode, which was cute for what it was, but it didn't serve me what I asked for lol.

I would have much preferred to have created a wrestler and just played through the season mode with him.

So, is the career mode back in wwe 2k14?

Didn't know they had taken Career mode out in the last game as I skipped it, good thing though as the Career mode is what I enjoy the most.
Luckily they seem to be bringing it back in 2k14 from what I could find online.

Don't they still have universe mode? I thought 2k13 also still has this. You could create a character, add them to a roster and there is sort of a career mode as you can win belts and set up your own rivalries. This year Wrestlemania mode is the main story mode so there is nothing dedicated to career. I skipped this one, hopefully next year 2K will reboot this series. It really needs it.

The career mode is what I really enjoyed with these WWE games. For them to take it out just beats the purpose of the game. Sure, it is fun to play with and against other people. Though, what is the purpose of the game if there is no real story mode?

Don't they still have universe mode? I thought 2k13 also still has this. You could create a character, add them to a roster and there is sort of a career mode as you can win belts and set up your own rivalries. This year Wrestlemania mode is the main story mode so there is nothing dedicated to career. I skipped this one, hopefully next year 2K will reboot this series. It really needs it.

I just don't understand why they would axe the career mode for this dry wrestlemania, and Attitude Era history lesson. It is anoying. Those of us that already know what happened during that era aren't all going to be satisfied.

As for Universe Mode, I have never really plated it. I can't be bothered to put together my own roster or set up the fights. I want the game to do that for me, and make a story line out of it. I don't want to have to make the story lines myself.