Playing video games vs Watching movies

I actually do both. On one hand I watch a lot of comedy films or series. A good laugh always makes my day. On the other hand, I play games on a daily basis. I've played any kind of game over the years but I mostly play rpg and shooter games. "Metro: Last Light" is a recommended one, if you are into survival/horror!

I much prefer playing a game to watching a movie.
A movie is a linear experience, it's the same for everyone so it becomes quite boring.
When it comes to videogames, you make your own choices and strategies, which in turn can make for some great conversation with your friends.

That depends on how tired I am and what mood I'm in. I wouldn't play video games when I'm tired because the games I play (mostly strategy) require a lot of concentration and focus. Nowadays video games can be just as deep with their story as movies. Modern games are just as much art as modern movies are: they can be entertaining and thought provoking.

I would much more prefer to have a story play out in the form of a video game a lot of the time, and I like to be able to effect the plot as I play. But there are other times when I just don't want to do anything at all, and would like to have a story told to me.

Definitely video games since it's interactive. You are basically the protagonist in the movie, you choose what you want to do. I love doing things that aren't part of the story line just for fun, it keeps me entertained for hours.

I think that it is really difficult to pick just one out of the two. They both have their purposes, depending on what the video game and or movie is like - and many other factors like the genre of the video games and movies. Both can be very entertaining, but no matter how good a game is or a movie for that matter, sometimes you are just in the mood for one or the other.

It depends on what kind of games I play. I prefer watching movies because I can watch them with my wife, which is one of our hobbies together. I don't play games anymore because I don't have the time, which I work and school full-time.

Watching a movie is something I prefer over video games. If the movie is good then I can really get into it. There are too many dud video games out their currently. Sure, the graphics look amazing but the story is horrible.

Movies to me is the only thing that I will willingly put down the PS3 remote for.

Watching a movie is something I prefer over video games. If the movie is good then I can really get into it. There are too many dud video games out their currently. Sure, the graphics look amazing but the story is horrible.

Movies to me is the only thing that I will willingly put down the PS3 remote for.

Well sorry but the same argument can be made for movies, there are plenty of horrible movies out there so I don't think that argument makes sense.

There is a big difference between the two, when you watch a movie you may find yourself getting up to stretch, get a drink, use the bathroom ect.
But when you play video games you become so immersed in the game that you lose all concept of time and before you know it the sun is coming up
and you barely notice that you are dehydrated and unload about 5 gallons of urine in one trip to the bathroom.

That.... is not at all healthy. You really need to keep a water bottle on hand and get up every couple hours just to move around. No one wants a pulmonary embolism, cramps, nerve damage or dehydration :( Please take care of yourself!

And ... to be honest I like video games that are more like visual novels or interactive movies. :) The closest I've come to playing one of those is Hatoful Boyfriend, a ... different take on the traditional Japanese dating sim (for heteronormative girls.) It's... well, it's a pigeon dating sim. ???? I know. It actually has a really bizarre, intricate and well-written storyline and is a lot of fun to play through.