Full Article:

Teens charged in 'Mortal Kombat' killingStory Highlights
Lamar Roberts, 17, and Heather Trujillo, 16, are charged as adults

Trujillo's half-sister, Zoe Garcia, 7, died of injuries

The teens were babysitting when they hit, kicked and body-slammed the child

JOHNSTOWN, Colorado (AP) -- Two teens have been charged with killing the 7-year-old sister of one of them by beating her with imitations of moves from the "Mortal Kombat" video game, prosecutors said.

Heather Trujillo, 16, in charged in the beating death of her half-sister, Zoe Garcia, 7.

1 of 2 Lamar Roberts, 17, and Heather Trujillo, 16, were charged as adults on one count each of felony child abuse causing death, state prosecutor Robert Miller said in court documents released Wednesday and filed a day earlier.

According to a police affidavit, the teens were baby-sitting Trujillo's half-sister, Zoe Garcia, on December 6 while the girl's mother was at work.

Zoe lost consciousness and stopped breathing after the teens hit, kicked and body-slammed her, imitating moves used in the video game, the document said.

Trujillo and Roberts tried reviving the girl by putting her under running water and attempting CPR before they called her mother and 911, the affidavits stated. The girl died at a hospital.

An autopsy showed she had a broken wrist, more than 20 bruises, swelling of the brain, and bleeding in her neck muscles and under her spine, the affidavits said.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Margie Martinez said late Wednesday that she did not know whether either teen had an attorney. The teens were being held at the Weld County jail but were not permitted to accept phone calls, Martinez said.

Roberts said he was downstairs playing video games while the sisters wrestled upstairs, police said. But a witness quoted in the affidavit said Roberts told her he had kicked the girl.

The witness told police that Roberts said Zoe had told them to stop wrestling. According to the affidavit, when the witness asked why they didn't stop, he responded, "I don't know; I was drunk."

If convicted, the teens could be sentenced to 48 years in prison.

This stuff pisses me the frick off! Those two deserve 48 fricking years in prison.

Sweet Sweets
These idiots are what gives fuel to guys like Jack Thompson. A few rotten apples always try to spoil the bunch. And letting a drunk teenager watch your kids? NICE. Bunch of f***ing idiots, all of them...

I think it's more "what being sub-human does to people who're already sub human." :nono:

Actually back this time
Of course it's fucking video games. It's obviously not movies or television. It HAS to be video games. This garbage pisses me off. Assholes kill someone, and no one wants to admit that they did it cuz they wanted to. It's easier to say "Vidja games made me do it."

People need to take responsiblity for their actions... not place blame elsewhere.

Just so y'all know I was being sarcastic in my title. But seriously, its so sad that this poor girl dies bc she idiots for parents and really what the hell were they thinking trying out video game moves on a child? Wouldn't surprise me that they did it on purpose.

Yeah a big momma strike "video games are evil!!! Like omg star star star They should ban all video games!!!" Well I don't think it's the video game's fault, it's the fricking moron hitting the child & playing them. If someone is so weak minded to let a video game effect their mind, then they're fricking stupid anyways. None of us here on HJU go around beating up children & A LOT of us play videogames, so I just don't see how it's the games fault, it's the people. Anyone that doesn't have any more sense than to beat up a child deserves to go to jail for killing them. There's no excuse for it. If the people were mentally disabled, I could understand a little, but they weren't & no parent in their right mind would leave their child with someone that isn't fully there in the head anyhow. & The parents of that child are stupid too & should live in regret the rest of their lives, which they will anyhow.