Prism Flash!
Zearth.... ewww. :p :laugh:

Seeing Susume again was nice, especially when he held up his spoon to transform! (just like how he tried to transform with a spoon in his original Ultraman episode) :laugh:

Eye See You
I'd rather eat puke and watch fat people dance infront of me naked then watch Zearth again... My God... what a disgrace to Ultraman. :shakefist

Eye See You
Seeing Commander Black hacking up Leo like that was disturbing, I loved it.

Overall an awesome series. I love the overall serious tone to it. But it seriously changed big time ever since Gen's team mates were all killed which was another awesome touch to the series.

Grade: B

Next up: Ultraman Dyna.

Well, there's a bunch of episodes that draw upon famous Japanese Folklore from #26~32. #26 is a pretty significant one, and #29~32 have some nice guest appearances (#29 especially for the Seven fans out there.)

There's a great little two-parter at #38~39, and then #40~51 sort of have an overall arch to them. Get ready for #40- it breaks the Ultra status quo! :laugh:

Ultraman Leo was struggling with the TV ratings, so they tried different plots to attract viewer and that's why in episode 26, they introduced Ultraman King.

Now I'm really starting to like Gen. I think he is the most emotional and human-like of all the Ultras. The sad dramatic face he does when something seriously goes wrong is definatley one of a kind.

Damn, Dan can be sadistic.

Also, I think I may have an edited version or something. Whenever Leo tapes or decapatates a Kaijuu it won't show the pericing of the horns or anything but it'll show right after while the Kaijuu is headless. Or was the original series like this?.

I hate watching this in Chinese Dub.... :shakefist

Can I expect any special arcs coming up?.

Have you seen ep 50 in which Leo got chopped into pieces?? Guess who saved him at the end!?

So Anne returned.... Basri, what the hell is the story behind that kid, Anne, and Dan?. I somehow got the feeling that kid is Dan's. But I could be way off.

I noticed this series doesn't focus too much on the other team members besides Gen and Dan. I read that team members get replaced after being eating or something, when can I expect that?. I'm already at ep 31.

Also Ultraman King looks really weird. What is the difference between him and Father of Ultra anyway?.

and anyone have an ep title list?.

King is referred to as the Legend of all Ultramen with a God like status. He does not belong to the Ultra Space Garrison headed by Ultra-father with Zoffy as the team captain. He is above the organisation. He was the one who told Ultra-father to accept Leo brothers into the team. Unlike other ultramen, he has supernatural power such as manipulating the weather of the planet, teleport himself any where instantaneously (not flying to a planet like others). He revived Leo from his death as well as ultraman population (in the comics). He gave power/gimmicks to other ultramen such as Leo and Hikari.
Tsuburaya never mentioned him as the real King of the Ultraman kingdom however. They just write him as the most powerful one in the Kingdom; there are some pros and cons in writing such character in the ultraman universe.

I thought King's design was nicely done. Every feature is related to royalty: colour scheme, the Crown, the fur, the diamond-shaped ornaments, etc.

Last edited: