Books Reading recommendations

My recommendation is The Element Encyclopedia of Secret Societies, this book has a hugh list of secret societies all over the world and its a very good read.

I'm currently reading the "House of Night" series, which is written by P.C. Cast. It is an Young Adult Suspense and Horror series, which talks about vampyre and fledglings.

I'm gonna recommend the books that I can remember reading:
  • Harry Potter 1-7
  • Angelology
  • Digital Fortress
  • Angels and Demons
  • The Da Vinci Code
  • The House of the Scorpion
I can't remember the other books that I have read. I'll come back here to recommend more when I remember them.

I'm gonna recommend the books that I can remember reading:
  • Harry Potter 1-7
  • Angelology
  • Digital Fortress
  • Angels and Demons
  • The Da Vinci Code
  • The House of the Scorpion
I can't remember the other books that I have read. I'll come back here to recommend more when I remember them.

"Angels and Demons" is such as very good book. I would like to read the Angelology. I have heard the book is quite interesting.

I've only heard 1-2 books of all recommendations so I will be curious to go through most of these.
I have read a lot less in the past year, so I can't think of that many ideas, but here is 1:

Strangers on the Train by Patricia Highsmith.
Also, any other story you find from her. I read this one in a book of hers that contained 2 more novels, and all of them were exquisite. She has a talent for criminal stories and basic human drama, about digging deep into a person's soul and exposing how easy it is from someone to slip between good and bad.

A book recommendation for fellow geeks:

Flatland: A romance of many dimensions

Flatland_cover.jpg

Imo, this book is simply amazing. Written in the 1880s, it explores the concept of the existence of other dimensions.

Flatland tells a story which takes place in a two-dimensional world. The inhabitants of Flatland can move back and forth or left and right, but they have no concept of up or down. (think 2D) The story deals with what happens when a shape from a 3D world tries to communicate with one of the Flatland inhabitants. The 2D protagonist, a square, can't see the 3D stranger above him because he has no concept of up and down, so as far as he's concerned, the stranger is just a voice in his head.

In the same way, we have no idea about what's happening in the higher dimensions, because we are unable to perceive or even comprehend the existence of things in those directions. (Think about how dogs can hear voices at frequencies that humans are unable to, or how the Mantis Shrimp can see 16 different basic colors, 13 of which we humans can't even process or imagine!) But science suspects they exist because, like in Flatland, sometimes particles disappear from our universe and reappear elsewhere, a phenomenon we call "quantum tunneling."

If this theory is right, then it provides a perfect explanation for the existence of ghosts and visitors from other dimensions!

I don't have any good books I would personally suggest right now, I hope you can forgive me for providing someone else's list. Neil deGrasse Tyson put together a kind of "must-read" list of books. Maybe not the most fun to read, but I agree that all of them are probably very useful:

uLXOZak.png
(source)

-My Drunk Kitchen by Hannah Hart
-Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
-Paper Towns by John Green

The Hunger Games Trilogy is awesome! Once I started it I could
not put it down! I would suggest anyone that is thinking of seeing the movies, to read the books first.
I totally agree with you in respect of this series. I read the series before any film was made so have a good vision of how it should be and look. Do you think that the films are in keeping and are what you visualised ? I was absolutly transfixed with these books and its been a while since that happened. They are definitely up with the favourite reads of all time.