Will The Expected Writer’s Guild Strike Affect PR?

Guys, hold up. She's not doing anything of the sort, I think. She isn't going to go undermine her own union's strike. And the Kiwi writers, even if it were the case, likely know if they were to take the work, they'd get blacklisted and never be able to work Hollywood. Ever.

As a producer, is she still able to provide input to NZ writers?

Read my post. There is NO writing work going on at all. They aren't looking for NZ writers, they aren't hiring scabs. It's my guess that if Bruce and Jackie tried to do that, even, they themselves could be blacklisted.

Lurker
Galactica's entire writing staff have joined the picket lines, and The Office's entire CAST have joined the strike, shutting the series down regardless.

http://www.hdnews.net/Story/p0 775_BC_HollywoodLabor_Option_1 1_05_1239

Despite previous B.S reports, Kring DID rewrite the final episode of Heroes second season.

Last edited:
It's Judgement Time!
Read my post. There is NO writing work going on at all. They aren't looking for NZ writers, they aren't hiring scabs. It's my guess that if Bruce and Jackie tried to do that, even, they themselves could be blacklisted.

How can a person be blacklisted. You cant stop a studio from hiring anyone. I believe the studio can be pressured into not hiring someone because "oh we would be blacklisted and we wouldnt have access to all those writers" but I think some people are underestimating how many writers are out there and are not part of the guild. Also, the entire film industry does not revolve around Hollywood. There are studios outside of Hollywood. There's studios outside of the united states. Boo fucking who if WGA blacklists those guys. They probably wouldnt give a **** about working in hollywood.

There's a **** ton of writers who dont live in the US and arent part of the WGA. Those writers can be hired if the studios dont care about not having anyone from WGA write for their show. You know what I mean?

WGA isnt the end all be all for everyone. But in Disneys case, it probably is.

Here's something to think about. What if the producers of the show start writing for their show. Like a talk show host writing for himself. What would happen then? I wonder if there's anything stopping a producer or another corporate of the show from writing in place of an actual writer.

Lurker
Personally, I don't quite get it either. Why would someone who's not part of the union be blacklisted for writing? They're not part of the union for whatever reason so it should be their perrogative to do whatever they want.

No, he does.

If Disney, the studio hired some NZ writers to work as scabs, that just means they can never join the Writers Guild of America, which is probably no big deal for most of them.

No, he does.

If Disney, the studio hired some NZ writers to work as scabs, that just means they can never join the Writers Guild of America, which is probably no big deal for most of them.

But it would put Bruce and Jackie in tough spots with the WGA as the producers who are bringing them in.