I've been on a bit of a western kick recently, mostly fifties and sixties ones, with some new ones thrown in.

So far I've watched High Noon, 3:10 to Yuma (both), Tombstone, Unforgiven, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Gunless, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, The Magnificent Seven and a handful of others I can't remember right now.

So what are your favorite Westerns that I haven't gotten around to yet?

I don't know what you've seen already, but if you're a fan of Westerns, you almost definitely have seen The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. I saw it recently on Bluray, and it was great. The picture restoration and the audio were very solid for a film form 1966.

There is a modern western TV series called Longmire that's very good. It's currently off, but will be on again in the spring. You may be able to find it on Hulu or Netflix -- it's a mystery western set in modern times.

I'm not a huge fan of Westerns, but one of my favourites is High Noon, starring Gary Cooper. The story basically plays out in real time over the course of a morning, which is a great way of building up the tension. You are literally watching the clock ticking down and waiting for the inevitable showdown at the end. Fantastic film.

Another good one is The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.

There is a modern western TV series called Longmire that's very good. It's currently off, but will be on again in the spring. You may be able to find it on Hulu or Netflix -- it's a mystery western set in modern times.

Oooh, cool. Maybe it will fill the hole in my life until Justified comes back on the air.

Not sure if you only watch old westerns, but I really liked Wyatt Earp.

On the old one, If John Wayne is in it, then it should be a good one.

I like Westerns, not all of them but the Dollars Trilogy (A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly) is one of my favorite trilogies of all time, up there with Star Wars (which is basically a western in Space)