Will The Expected Writer’s Guild Strike Affect PR?

From NY Times

I know nothing about this sort of thing, and since it's something that's looming, I was wondering how this may affect Power Rangers if the writer's guild go on strike.

I had heard that writers that have a producer title are still allowed to work on the show, but I'm not 100% sure how true that is.

So, anyone have any clue what would happen if there is a strike

It's Judgement Time!
it probably wont. But then again, maybe it will and Disney will get better writers for it.

If the think about the producer title is true, then they'd only need to replace John Tellegen and David Garber since Bruce and Jackie have producer titles.

And apparently, PR's writers have been WGA since Ninja Storm.

isn't Power Rangers totaly non-union? like even right down to the stuff like Writings and producing?

Lurker
If the think about the producer title is true, then they'd only need to replace John Tellegen and David Garber since Bruce and Jackie have producer titles.

And apparently, PR's writers have been WGA since Ninja Storm.

isn't Power Rangers totaly non-union? like even right down to the stuff like Writings and producing?

That's what I thought too. I thought that was one of the ways Disney saved money on the show. I'm not sure how Power Rangers, or any show, is going to be affected by the writer's stirke. However, there is a clue: Star Trek: The Next Generation lost 4 episodes (from 26 to 22) whena similar strike occurred in 1988 (consequently, my birth year). Personally, I hate to see Power Rangers take anymore episode cuts.

Last edited:
that's what I thought too. I thought that was one of the ways Disney saved money on the show. I'm not sure how Power Rangers, or any show, is going to be affected by the writer's stirke. However, there is a clue: Star Trek: The Next Generation lost 4 episodes (from 26 to 22) whena similar strike occurred in 1988 (consequently, my birth year). Personally, I hate to see Power Rangers take anymore episode cuts.

well, we also need to look at this year of Power Rangers as it's last as a Live-action show. At this point, Disney is willing to take the episode cuts to save money for production. Less episodes = less money they have to invest.

Lurker
Star Trek: TNG had to use some really aborted scripts and even older ones to make up a second season.

Thankfully Jackie Marchand has co-written entire seasons with Judd Lynn, so she can easily do the same with Bruce.