Great Sage-Equal of Heaven
Watched it last night when it hit Nico and then re-watched it this morning.

It actually was pretty nice, surpassing my low expectations for it. Like I said on /m/, with the same producer/director behind Nexus involved, I expected a flood of angst and the initiation of a million story threads, half of which are never resolved.

Instead I got the closest thing to a return to Tsuburaya's hardcore sci-fi glory days. Sure it had those Matrix/Dark City-wannabe elements and enough avant-garde shots to make you think that Akio Jissoji isn't dead, but it pulls it off with enough style to make it work and get me curious as to how this is all going to pan out.

Even the suit design has started to grow on me. I figured from the beginning I'd have to wait to see it in action before judging but holy crap, this is one Ultra you would NOT want to mess with >_>

Looking forward to next week's episode and praying that Tsuburaya can build on the momentum that they've started in this strong series opener.

Mad Skillz
Yeah, I wasn't expecting too much (mainly because of the freaking lack of info on the show's story), but I was pleasently surprised. Bummed that it's going to be so short, but that at least allows it to close up its plots before it drags.

Eye See You
but i hate the song

Were you expecting some girl J-Pop song from Hinoi Team?. :eyebrow:

The song is badass. The question is can anyone upload it from the end of the episode or if there is a full version somewhere out there?!!!.

Agree...the song is all kind of awesomeness!

Is it just me or Jin looks a lot like Hikawa Makoto/G-3 from Agito?

Agree...the song is all kind of awesomeness!

Is it just me or Jin looks a lot like Hikawa Makoto/G-3 from Agito?

When I first looked at the trailer I thought he looked like zero from garo :laugh: Just watched the episode anyways it looks good and interesting how ever the raws just do nothing for me since I know nothing of the story or whats going on :S

I found it verryyyyyyyyyyyy boringgggggggggggggg in that aspect sadly even though the action looked good :( I think I'll put this one on hold as well with cute honey and wait till someone subs them :|

Like a passing wind...
The Eye Slugger attack was my favorite. Jin really does remind me of Hikawa. U7X sure flies off awfully fast.

あれ!忘れたよ!今ダウンロードしています!どうも!:thumbs:

Last edited:
The Eye Slugger attack was my favorite. Jin really does remind me of Hikawa. U7X sure flies off awfully fast.
He does sort of look like him. I didn't see it before in the trailer or promo pics, but now I'm not surprised people thought it actually was him.

Episode one was interesting. Very mysterious, I just hope they don't leave anything unsolved in the end. Definitely looking forward to more.

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
You know, I'm usually not all that interested in an Ultraman series, but this first episode really grabbed my attention. I loved how everyone just looked up at the big battle and then just walked off like nothing happened when it was all over, like it was some ho-hum everyday stuff.

Definitely can't wait to see more; I just wish it wasn't so short. A 24-episode series would've fit the bill, but oh, well.

Lurker
Were you expecting some girl J-Pop song from Hinoi Team?. :eyebrow:

was expecting something from doa, or something which fits better than the one they're using.

i'll probably be getting the soundtrack when it's out on Oct 24. the music is nice.

Last edited: