Never Played VI?!?! KEITH!!!!! it's the greatest Final Fantasy game hands down. I like reminiscing with those GT segments but they mis-pronounce so many names in them. plus I guess my PC must have glitched last week because as soon as they were done talking about 4 it went back to 3 so I missed the part 5 discussion. oh well here's to 7 getting the longest segment of any of the retrospectives.

That, I highly doubt. I've no doubt that I would hate Kefka and would chase him to the ends of the Earth, buuuut....... Sephiroth, that motherfucker. He even has his own theme music! And that smug.... smug look...... BRING IT, *****! I'LL WIPE THE SMILE RIGHT OFF YOUR FACE... SEPHIROTH!!!!!!!!!! :shakefist

By the Power of Gaia!!!
I honestly thought so the first time I played FFVII, but after I found that after I played VI again and compared them personality wise, Sephiroth just comes up lacking against Kefka.

kefka and sephiroth were both awesome villians, probably the best ones in the franchise's history,

personally i'd prefer sephiroth because of his overall personality and the mind games that he played with cloud

kefka was one of those charming villians who you would expect to be harmless but got progressively dangerous and deadly throughout the game, a gradual change in character.

personally i feel that both were such great villians because they reflect the evils of mankind, which really kinda makes you think

1) kefka was a normal human being which kinda reflects on how far a man can fall and how much damage he can do to the lives of so many people

2) sephiroth because he was a product of one man's insanity

did i just overanalyze? :laugh:

That, I highly doubt. I've no doubt that I would hate Kefka and would chase him to the ends of the Earth, buuuut....... Sephiroth, that motherfucker. He even has his own theme music! And that smug.... smug look...... BRING IT, *****! I'LL WIPE THE SMILE RIGHT OFF YOUR FACE... SEPHIROTH!!!!!!!!!! :shakefist

So did Zeromus and he was actually really cool when he was revealed unlike Emo boy with the big sword.

It's Judgement Time!
I honestly thought so the first time I played FFVII, but after I found that after I played VI again and compared them personality wise, Sephiroth just comes up lacking against Kefka.

Sephiroth has one major thing going for him that made me hate him. Kefka was just an asshole. That's it. He never did anything that really made it personal.

They really played up Aeris, and a possible love thing between Cloud and her. Then Sephiroth comes in. I never saw it coming at the end of disc 1 and that made me hate the guy. My mission for the rest of the game was to find him and take him down. I mean, that was the biggest, most surprising, and emotional moment I've ever had in a video game. And there was this mystery surrounding Sephiroth's past and it's connection to cloud and all this kind of weird stuff. I mean, he was just a more interesting character than Kefka.

Kefka was just an average villain who did bad things and became powerful.

But! FF6 and 7 are both great games, no point is having them competing against each other.

To be honest, FF6 was a fantastic game "for it's time". It does tend to lose it's charm when you're playing it a decade late and it doesnt come off as that impressive anymore. But at the time, the graphics were stunning, as was the emotional soundtrack. The world of FF6 pulled you in the moment "Squaresoft" popped up on the screen and opening credits rolled up.

It's not my favorite though. Because I just wasnt a fan of the world, really. The story was great but, the world wasnt as colorful and interesting as FF4 which is my favorite.

So did Zeromus and he was actually really cool when he was revealed unlike Emo boy with the big sword.

Emo? For one thing, can we stop throwing that word around onto anyone that looks pretty? Exactly what was it about Seph that was emo?

Also, Zeromus was just some fuzzball and monstrous boss that appeared at the end of the game. He had no build up. I could be remembering wrong on how he was revealed though. I havent actually played FF4 in years. I just always loved the final battle in FF4 cause everyone was reunited and gave you power. Galbez went from villain to brother to ally. Great stuff.

Sephiroth is just someone who made it personal. You hated him on a personal level, you wanted to get him.

Sephiroth has one major thing going for him that made me hate him. Kefka was just an asshole. That's it. He never did anything that really made it personal.

They really played up Aeris, and a possible love thing between Cloud and her. Then Sephiroth comes in. I never saw it coming at the end of disc 1 and that made me hate the guy. My mission for the rest of the game was to find him and take him down. I mean, that was the biggest, most surprising, and emotional moment I've ever had in a video game. And there was this mystery surrounding Sephiroth's past and it's connection to cloud and all this kind of weird stuff. I mean, he was just a more interesting character than Kefka.

Kefka was just an average villain who did bad things and became powerful.

But! FF6 and 7 are both great games, no point is having them competing against each other.

To be honest, FF6 was a fantastic game "for it's time". It does tend to lose it's charm when you're playing it a decade late and it doesnt come off as that impressive anymore. But at the time, the graphics were stunning, as was the emotional soundtrack. The world of FF6 pulled you in the moment "Squaresoft" popped up on the screen and opening credits rolled up.

It's not my favorite though. Because I just wasnt a fan of the world, really. The story was great but, the world wasnt as colorful and interesting as FF4 which is my favorite.

Emo? For one thing, can we stop throwing that word around onto anyone that looks pretty? Exactly what was it about Seph that was emo?

Also, Zeromus was just some fuzzball and monstrous boss that appeared at the end of the game. He had no build up. I could be remembering wrong on how he was revealed though. I havent actually played FF4 in years. I just always loved the final battle in FF4 cause everyone was reunited and gave you power. Galbez went from villain to brother to ally. Great stuff.

Sephiroth is just someone who made it personal. You hated him on a personal level, you wanted to get him.

Oh I hated Sephy but not for killing Aeris who in hindsight whose character was very much inspired by and drawn from the tragic Shrine maiden tales. With the flower symbolism and everything.

No, I hated Sephy for things like that idiotic cut scene in the Shinra mansion and his first meeting with his 'mother' in the mountains. That's when he went from relatively well-adjusted super-weapon to off the deep end way too quickly and got real whiny real quick, "I hate the world because my dad is Hojo, So I'm going to blow it up".

Zeromus I just loved as a villian because of the last few lines of dialouge he has. "I shall live as long as there is hatred in the hearts of men" or similiar. He's EVIL and knows it.

Kefka's a power mad pyschopath but still more interesting then the whiner.

And then we get into Necron and company...

Although I will say I though the doomed love story presented in X and touched up again in X-2 was a lot better then in previous installments.

It's Judgement Time!
Oh man the story in FFX was deep. I loved it. The ending was so sad. X-2 really expanded on it but I wish it was just longer.