I don't have the energy to go into detail.. linked several times things that could ellieviate what confusion I'm seeing.

What I'm seeing are long posts that're defensive of not being racist and so forth.

That's not wisdom.

Wisdom is in understanding why people are upset... not in getting upset that people are upset and telling them all the off base reason that don't take into account who they are and why they shouldn't be offended.

Simply.... it's like understanding why you don't make a joke about killing babies infront of a woman who's miscarried and saying, "What??! It's not real! It's a joke! What, just because she miscarried last year, I have to watch what I say?"

Think about it those terms instead of standing on soap boxes to preach common sense equality without taking in to account how people actually are and how they feel and why they feel the way they do.

Lurker
I can understand how and why african americans can be so uneasy about this sorta thing, but for me, I say bullshit! This kinda thing is just sad and at the same time, irritating to see. Now I ain't no racist, I intend to stay away in those sort of conversations, but in this matter, I've gone to a point where Im just fed up with this oversensitivity bullcr@p! It's just a game, always have, and if you can't look past this "white dude killing black people" ordeal then well, tough luck kid. This worlds an ugly place. Things like this will pop again eventually! Racist or not, I for one can't wait to play this game! Just because of the enviroment it is setted in and the fact that it's played in the day time, which is a big change for this franchise :buttrock: WHAT DOES COLOR FCK'N MATTER ANYWAY?! WE'RE ALL HUMANS!! :redface2:

It's Judgement Time!
You can preach all you want about "this happened long ago and they still bring it up" and you know what, some of you have valid points.

The point is: This game can make some blacks uncomfortable. Just... think for one moment what that some people must feel like... seeing a game where you have a white protagonist shooting a bunch of black "zombies". That's not something to say "oh P'shaw!" at. Knowing full well the history, it just leaves a bitter taste.

I guess, really, you can't possible understand the feeling it make give certain people until you've been in their shoes. Instead of saying "how dare they be offended", try and sit back and look at their history and attempt to understand where they are coming from.

I have no right to speak for African Americans, I'm not one. But when I first saw the trailer, the first thing that popped in my head was "wow... so they're all black huh? Yeah... I dont know about this."

Playing the game would make me very self conscious.

Btw, I agree with Keith about the link. Keith made some good posts in that topic about the situation. Really, it's not something that you can just say "shut up and deal with it".

All people came from different walks of life and will react differently to the same scenario.

we're not talking about something that demeans the past horrors african descendants have had to go through. But the human population sprang from Europe, Asia and Africa and spread from there. to suddenly say that 1/3 the worlds color wheel is suddenly off limits to be used as antagonist and file it under "Racism" is offensive in it's own right. There were no up in arms about white people being the drones in RE4, it won game of the year. and people have said that it wouldn't be offensive if Chris Redfield, HERO of the first game wasn't a white guy from the midwest....which is where Game ONE was set. It's irritating to hear that if the game is going to leave the midwest then we can't use the same characters.

Last week in one of my training classes 4 people were fired for not passing the test requirments. 3 of them were black. they spent the week goofing off in the class rom and distracting others. therefor the missed the information provided to them and lost thier jobs. they claimed Racism.

So yeah it gets old being labeled the "Ignorant white guy who doesn't get it" everytime the Racism Blanket gets thrown over a topic. there are dozens of crappy games released each year that DO portray racial stereotypes and ARE offensive and never get this kind of attention. Resident Evil is a GOOD game and much like the movie that gets lampooned in direct proportion to how good it is. Resident Evil will have to suffer because it actually is a respectable game and can't be written off like the crappy games.

I know there is no such thing as racism against white people, because if we say there is we're "Missing the point" or "Don't understand what it's like" but it gets old to have to walk a minefield. The same class last week had a mexican girl in it. a new fast food restaurant called "Speedy Burrito" just opened up a block from work where I've gone to eat every day. I told her she should try it when she asked why I keep going, and someone said "Thats a racist thing to say trevor" because I told a Mexican to go to a Mexican Restaurant. It gets old being White. It gets old having every other nationality claim to be segragated against (Because all white people come from the same spot and we don't have ANY diversity or cultural diffrences ourself) We're all just descendants of inbredd southern slave owners who have been wealthy all our lives and have never had to do a hard days work and "Keep missing the point"

You can preach all you want about "this happened long ago and they still bring it up" and you know what, some of you have valid points.

The point is: This game can make some blacks uncomfortable. Just... think for one moment what that some people must feel like... seeing a game where you have a white protagonist shooting a bunch of black "zombies". That's not something to say "oh P'shaw!" at. Knowing full well the history, it just leaves a bitter taste.

I guess, really, you can't possible understand the feeling it make give certain people until you've been in their shoes. Instead of saying "how dare they be offended", try and sit back and look at their history and attempt to understand where they are coming from.

I have no right to speak for African Americans, I'm not one. But when I first saw the trailer, the first thing that popped in my head was "wow... so they're all black huh? Yeah... I dont know about this."

Playing the game would make me very self conscious.

Btw, I agree with Keith about the link. Keith made some good posts in that topic about the situation. Really, it's not something that you can just say "shut up and deal with it".

All people came from different walks of life and will react differently to the same scenario.

Dude, I'm baffled that as one of the most opinionated people I know, you seem to understand this without trying. :sly:

we're not talking about something that demeans the past horrors african descendants have had to go through. But the human population sprang from Europe, Asia and Africa and spread from there. to suddenly say that 1/3 the worlds color wheel is suddenly off limits to be used as antagonist and file it under "Racism" is offensive in it's own right. There were no up in arms about white people being the drones in RE4, it won game of the year. and people have said that it wouldn't be offensive if Chris Redfield, HERO of the first game wasn't a white guy from the midwest....which is where Game ONE was set. It's irritating to hear that if the game is going to leave the midwest then we can't use the same characters.

Last week in one of my training classes 4 people were fired for not passing the test requirments. 3 of them were black. they spent the week goofing off in the class rom and distracting others. therefor the missed the information provided to them and lost thier jobs. they claimed Racism.

So yeah it gets old being labeled the "Ignorant white guy who doesn't get it" everytime the Racism Blanket gets thrown over a topic. there are dozens of crappy games released each year that DO portray racial stereotypes and ARE offensive and never get this kind of attention. Resident Evil is a GOOD game and much like the movie that gets lampooned in direct proportion to how good it is. Resident Evil will have to suffer because it actually is a respectable game and can't be written off like the crappy games.

I know there is no such thing as racism against white people, because if we say there is we're "Missing the point" or "Don't understand what it's like" but it gets old to have to walk a minefield. The same class last week had a mexican girl in it. a new fast food restaurant called "Speedy Burrito" just opened up a block from work where I've gone to eat every day. I told her she should try it when she asked why I keep going, and someone said "Thats a racist thing to say trevor" because I told a Mexican to go to a Mexican Restaurant. It gets old being White. It gets old having every other nationality claim to be segragated against (Because all white people come from the same spot and we don't have ANY diversity or cultural diffrences ourself) We're all just descendants of inbredd southern slave owners who have been wealthy all our lives and have never had to do a hard days work and "Keep missing the point"

It's like you don't even read what I say, dude.

Nobody's coming after you or white people saying you're racist. Nobody's saying that blah, blah, blah.... or whatever you're getting defensive about.

For the 33 time today, it's about how other people feel and react and why they do. It's about how different cultures react different ways to different things because although we are all equal, we all came from different paths.

It's about trying to understand and sympathize with why people feel the way they do instead of throwing up your arms and fighting against guilt nobody's trying to put on you.

Lurker
Dude, I'm baffled that as one of the most opinionated people I know, you seem to understand this without trying. :sly:
So that's how it is? We have to agree with you to understand this whole thing? Bullsh!t! We understand this matter very well. Each and everyone here has there opinions about this matter. You expect us to feel sad? To feel sympathy? Of course we do! All of us here Do!!! but this kinda thing get's way to old, and way too annoying! We sympathize about this matter everytime this sortah thing pops up! We sympathized when Sony came up with that idiotic ad they came up with, remember that?! Each and everyone in America came from very different places! And It's impossible to not think African Americans can be uneasy about this. But through that, Hearing the same damn complaints, same damn controversy, it gets to to to old! This worlds an ugly place. Things like this will pop again eventually! Then what? Same complaints again!!! It's an irrriating cycle!! I guess...it is true after all...

...Old habits do die hard :redface2:

Last edited:
So that's how it is? We have to agree with you to understand this whole thing? Bullsh!t! We understand this matter very well. Each and everyone here has there opinions about this matter. You expect us to feel sad? To feel sympathy? Of course we do! All of us here Do!!! but this kinda thing get's way to old, and way too annoying! We sympathize about this matter everytime this sortah thing pops up! We sympathized when Sony came up with that idiotic ad they came up with, remember that?! Each and everyone in America came from very different places! And It's impossible to not think African Americans can be uneasy about this. But through that, Hearing the same damn complaints, same damn controversy, it gets to to to old! his worlds an ugly place. Things like this will pop again eventually! The what? Same complaints again!!! It's an irrriating cycle!! I guess...it is true after all...

...Old habits do die hard :redface2:

Hmm.... agree with me to understand...... well, from what I've been reading a lot of the above doesn't seem to understand is what I'm seeing. Battling off in regions that I'm not talking about and really don't pertain to this situation or defensive on other matters instead of trying to understand why people feel the way they do.

Yeah, these complains arise and will for a few more generations. Real hardcore racism wasn't that long ago and it still goes on today.

The more people that understand, the sooner we move on. The more people that just get angry and people getting upset, the longer we stay where we are.

The world will progress, but not in our lifetime and certainly not in the lifetime of our parents you truly lived and endured darker times.