I Just got some dvds for this series & the subs are awful! Honestly I duno what these company's are thinking putting this crap out the way it is & I duno who they are paying but they are not doing there jobs!

They should just hunt down the TV-N Subers & pay them for it! Just watching these I'm not even 3 episodes in and I've already seen so many spelling errors and incorrect sentence & wrong words in general ! Not only that but they will have one persons line up and then sometimes the other persons right under it!

per 1 bla bla bla bla
per 2 What?..

Just like that...

Now I have to ask before I buy any other KR dvds or other japanese stuff are they all this bad or is this one just a poor example of a sub?..

On a side note it seems soooo odd watching this stuff on tv I normally just download them and watch them on my tiny computer screen :D

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
"Dragon Rider"? Sounds like a bad version of Ryuki.

yeah thats the one... forgot the japanese name of it:D Dragon rider is what they call it on the english subs :D

I don't have low self esteem.
I almost thought this was another thread about Kamen Rider Dragon Knight.

And yeah, seeing that your subtitled DVDs are awful, well if they are HK Bootlegs then I wouldn't be surprised.

And what type of subbing group would translate the dialogue as "Blah Blah Blah"?!! :laugh:

Oh well, at least it's not as bad as Kamen Rider Faiz: "Scorpion Penis", or Kamen Rider Black RX: "Fine Maribaron, I shall accept your entertainment", or, Kamen Rider Black: "I leave Roadsect in your Handsa", or DekaRanger with Ban calling Hoji "Little Babe", or DekaRaneger VS AbaRanger with Ranryuu telling Jasmine to "take off the clothes", or translating Japanese character's names to Chinese names (Kotaro = Guangtaolong)

or even this classic!! :laugh:
http://winterson.com/2005/06/episode-iii-backstroke-of-west.html

yeah thats the one... forgot the japanese name of it:D Dragon rider is what they call it on the english subs :D

Kamen Rider Ryuuki.

A Secret Messenger ...
I Just got some dvds for this series & the subs are awful! Honestly I duno what these company's are thinking putting this crap out the way it is & I duno who they are paying but they are not doing there jobs!

They should just hunt down the TV-N Subers & pay them for it! Just watching these I'm not even 3 episodes in and I've already seen so many spelling errors and incorrect sentence & wrong words in general ! Not only that but they will have one persons line up and then sometimes the other persons right under it!

per 1 bla bla bla bla
per 2 What?..

Just like that...

Now I have to ask before I buy any other KR dvds or other japanese stuff are they all this bad or is this one just a poor example of a sub?..

On a side note it seems soooo odd watching this stuff on tv I normally just download them and watch them on my tiny computer screen :D

Others have already touched on it, but if you buy Kamen Rider DVDs and they have English subtitles, then you bought a Chinese bootleg. They are not official products. The only Kamen Rider series to be released officially with english subtitles is Kamen Rider V3 from Generation Kikaida, In addition to that is the R1 release of Kamen Rider the First from Media Blasters, but that's it. Anything else with subtitles is a bootleg.

And yeah, the subtitles are bad. What do you expect from a bunch of merchandise pirates? Most often the Japanese shows are translated from Japanese into Chinese languages, and then from the Chinese into English.

Last edited:
Dang!
Kamen rider Ryuki Dvd lot volume 1-5 episodes 1-32

Item Specifics - DVDs
Region Code:
Region 1: US, CA
Rating:
--

Genre:
Anime & Manga
Display Format:
--

Sub-Genre:
--
Condition:
Used

Hi,

And thank you for checking out my auction. This listing is for a 5 dvd volume set of Kamen Ryuki. they are in Japanese with chinese and english subtitles. this set has episodes 1-32 (I think the disc's are multi regional). these dvds are used but in great shape. like all my dvds I watched them once and then they went on my shelf. If I am leaving anything out or you have any Questions. feel free to drop me a line. and once again thanks for looking.

& the reason I brought it was cause it was subed :) I well I paid about $5 + 7 shiping... I'm not gona make a stink out of it though it would have been nice to know!

& it didn't actaully have "bla bla bla" on the screen I was just giving an example of how they did it :p

77ab_1.JPG

My first kO DVD :D !

Last edited:
Dude, HK subbers do their job, but with quantity over quality, seeing as how I assume they aren't paid much per disc or something.

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
okay, this is probably a very noobie question, but are the HK DVDs that r bein discussed here teh same as the HK subs that r on Veoh or at RB? cuz, besides the names bein screwed up, the translation seemed pretty good to me. im just wonderin if the DVD version is different and much worse, thus the warning to avoid them.