Power Rangers Operation Overdrive, "Once a Ranger Part 1" - Talk Up!

I do agree... lately there've been far too many explosions and slow-mo scenes. Busts up the flow and it's just not impressive. Save it for a dramatic moment.

And I have to say, while I like the return of veteran Rangers.... something about this episode was just flat for me.

I'm not asking for a novel or anything, but a *little* information on why these Rangers were picked for a return and where they came from would've been nice.

And that the vets are "The New Power Rangers" just feels strange.

Hate to be a nitpicker.... but yeah... wasn't too wowed like I was at the return of the Space Rangers or the return of the Time Force Rangers or in Forever Red.

An annivesary like this... just lacked wow-factor.

You said it best boss. :thumbs:

I seriously think this teamup is a tad better than Wormhole/History combined but still worse than Trakeena's Revenge.

Yeah, you'll notice that almost no one is bad mouthing Bruce Kalish as a producer it's simply his use of pyrotechnics. I think if comments like this end up being uniform here and at RB then we can expect a whole lot less of them come Jungle Fury. The explosions ARE out of hand. a guy aims TWO guns at a ranger and EIGHT explosions go off 20 yards BEHIND them?!?

If anyone noticed, Rose fired a tiny pistol and 2 or 3 explosions go off behind the thing she was shooting at, thats been going on for pretty much all of Disney's Power Rangers, it does get pretty annoying having slow-mo and an insane amount of explosions in just about every episode with some action.

Um... let's see.
Lack of guns in Gekiranger?
Sure we'll see explosions in Jungle Fury but I'm betting that there won't be as many as the previous seasons.

Lack of equipment doesn't mean a thing to producers, if they want guns, they'll make one, if they want to give all the rangers a motorcycle (like Ninja Storm) done, they'll just make whatever equipment they need. Hell Jungle Fury could have more explosions than OO if they decided to give the Rangers some "Hadouken" stuff.

I'm not asking for a novel or anything, but a *little* information on why these Rangers were picked for a return and where they came from would've been nice.

Well Boukenger vs Super Sentai didn't explain why only those were chosen either

It's Judgement Time!
Well Boukenger vs Super Sentai didn't explain why only those were chosen either

How is that relevant to Power Rangers? In fact, where did he mention Super Sentai in relation to his complaint? Just because Sentai didn't do it, doesn't excuse Power Rangers from not doing it.

Chief HJU News Editor
Not enough of the vets for my liking. I love how Adam is the leader, the way he fights is so brilliant, he just knows he's better fighter than anyone else.

The pyro stuf is just depressing, although it's unfair to blame the cast & crew as whole for it, only a number of people are reponsible for it.

Lurker
The pyro stuf is just depressing, although it's unfair to blame the cast & crew as whole for it, only a number of people are reponsible for it.

Have you read any part of this thread?

Noone is blaming the cast and crew for the explosions, we're blaming the cast and crew for how weak and mediocre this entire season is.

How is that relevant to Power Rangers? In fact, where did he mention Super Sentai in relation to his complaint? Just because Sentai didn't do it, doesn't excuse Power Rangers from not doing it.

How is it not relevant to Power Ranger is more like it, they are both anniversary specials, sure no Bouken vs SS footage is used (yet atleast), but they are counterparts of each other. Sure Keith didn't mention Super Sentai but its still related to show that both sides don't really explain things. Infact most team ups have little explanation on why those Rangers were chosen, Trakeena's Revenge, Reinforcements from the Future, Hurricanger vs Gaoranger, Dekaranger vs Magiranger, Wormhole (and the other one), and Thunder Storm are the only team ups I can think of off the top of my head that have reason why its just those rangers and not multiple teams.

Next time think before you senselessly attack someones post