General Discussion Revealing clothes

Hello all! This post is mostly directed to the girls out there who currently have a partner. I've a question for you, does your boyfriend like you to wear revealing clothes? or that's a big no?

I've a very modest code, meaning I don't like to show much. But if I did... I know my boyfriend wouldn't mind (he's european and extremely open minded), he has made that very clear :) My previous exes wouldn't let me wear revealing clothes, even if I wanted :p

What about your current partner?

Ok, I am not a girl but this is a point that always causes problems in my relationships. Women tend way too much to show themselves off. And most of them deny it.

Ok, I am not a girl but this is a point that always causes problems in my relationships. Women tend way too much to show themselves off. And most of them deny it.

So, you really mind it when your girlfriend does? My current boyfriend is european, and he doesn't seem to mind it one bit! He doesn't seem bothered at all, but my middle eastern exes wouldn't even let me wear tank tops.

Well, I may have a different standard when it comes to the question what is revealing. If my girlfriend would wear a tank top she either does not wear it or she isn't my girlfriend anymore. Yes, I mind it because there should be no reason to show yourself off when you already have someone.

Well, I may have a different standard when it comes to the question what is revealing. If my girlfriend would wear a tank top she either does not wear it or she isn't my girlfriend anymore. Yes, I mind it because there should be no reason to show yourself off when you already have someone.

Uhm, if you put it that way... it does make a lot sense :D Would you really break up with a girl for that reason? I guess there are things that we just can't stand in a relationship, I can't stand guys who keep making promises but never keep them. I'm glad guys can't wear ''revealing'' clothes, lol. I might have a similar reaction to the one you described ;)

I broke some relationships but most of the time it was not only because of revealing clothes but because of many things including revealing clothes.

I think a man who wants to limit what a woman wears has some control issues. Control issues lead to worst things, so beware. If a man accepted you in those clothes when he met you, then he should not change who you are. I had an experience with a young man whom thought he could tell me what to wear, he later began to think he owned me. I had to cut him loose.:oops:

I think a man who wants to limit what a woman wears has some control issues. Control issues lead to worst things, so beware. If a man accepted you in those clothes when he met you, then he should not change who you are. I had an experience with a young man whom thought he could tell me what to wear, he later began to think he owned me. I had to cut him loose.:oops:

I had the same experience with my two middle eastern exes, I thought it was connected to their culture and religion. Strangely enough they weren't very religious at all, but they didn't like me to wear tops that showed my cleavage or my shoulders. I've never liked to show too much, but it was kinda annoying to feel they were stopping me from wearing the things I liked. My current boyfriend is Dutch, and he doesn't even care :)

I think a woman who wears revealing clothes has a lot of issues as well.

This assumes that women are always dressing to attract others. Many women dress more for themselves than to attract other men. Some women wear revealing clothing because they believe they look good in it. Any man's attraction to her while she is wearing what she feels good in is a happy side affect that she claims no responsibility for.

I prefer clothing that many would think modest, but I see and express personal power much differently than many women. I believe wearing flowing fabric that drapes the body carries a greater erotic charge than wearing revealing clothing does. I have also noticed that men tend to look at the draped figure longer than they hold their gaze on women wearing revealing clothing.

Those men are imagining what might be beneath all of that fabric, which is almost more titillating than their seeing your girlfriend in a bikini.

Do you have same standards for yourself? You don't walk around topless anywhere, do you?