Prolific Pontificator
From the reaction the themes got, I've asked myself that a couple of times, believe it or not. Lol!

I really wanted to go an extra step and do everything. I had the ability to have it translated, sung, and mixed, so I tried it out. Didn't work out as well as I hoped; those songs were really, really tough to iron out in English. I think Adventurers on the Road worked out pretty well. The opening theme, however, seems a bit too odd by consensus.

Further dubs will have original music based from the themes instead of a straight-up adapted karaoke. Should work out much better that way.

Lurker
From the reaction the themes got, I've asked myself that a couple of times, believe it or not. Lol!

Personally, I didn't think they were that bad.

I really wanted to go an extra step and do everything. I had the ability to have it translated, sung, and mixed, so I tried it out.

See, I respect that. That, to me, is very cool. Bravo. :thumbs:

If you guys are interested in taking a look (since Kamen Rider was mentioned) I will have a 7 minute clip of Den-O completed sometime very soon, I'm just waiting on my Momotaros to turn in lines.

Prolific Pontificator
Hah. Good ol' Jabber.

While it's obvious that dubs are trickier to flow than, say, something from the ground up; it's not nearly that bad compared to OO. I know that I -- of all people -- would probably be biased; however, if I didn't think we could do it justice, I wouldn't have done it at all.

I think all things considered, the interpretation came out pretty well. Our localizing team focused less on exact translation per-line and more on conveying general feeling and intent of the original, so it sounds more natural than going for a 100% accurate translation (which is virtually impossible without sounding silly, anyway).

Of course, I can say this until I'm blue in the face; the real opinion of how much of that I accomplished lies on you guys.

All that said... The real showcase is the SFX soundtrack, anyway. And it kicks OO's ass hands-down. >_>

Prolific Pontificator
If you guys are interested in taking a look (since Kamen Rider was mentioned) I will have a 7 minute clip of Den-O completed sometime very soon, I'm just waiting on my Momotaros to turn in lines.

Looking forward to it.

Hah. Good ol' Jabber.

While it's obvious that dubs are trickier to flow than, say, something from the ground up; it's not nearly that bad compared to OO. I know that I -- of all people -- would probably be biased; however, if I didn't think we could do it justice, I wouldn't have done it at all.

I think all things considered, the interpretation came out pretty well. Our localizing team focused less on exact translation per-line and more on conveying general feeling and intent of the original, so it sounds more natural than going for a 100% accurate translation (which is virtually impossible without sounding silly, anyway).

Of course, I can say this until I'm blue in the face; the real opinion of how much of that I accomplished lies on you guys.

All that said... The real showcase is the SFX soundtrack, anyway. And it kicks OO's ass hands-down. >_>

Wes, I respect your work, your dedication and your skillz at what you do.

I just don't think fan-made productions are as good as the professional stuff. That's just me and my opinion, I know people don't like it or agree with it and that's fine by me.

As for the soundtrack... No. The only song I really REALLY liked coming out of Boukenger was "Fighting", the song that plays Satoru pulls Zuuban from the stone. That was a good song. The rest...eh... The opening is fine, I liked it thought it was okay.

The ending sounds suspciously similiar to a well known anime's OPENING song and I'm curious if there is a connection between the two properties.

Prolific Pontificator
I just don't think fan-made productions are as good as the professional stuff. That's just me and my opinion, I know people don't like it or agree with it and that's fine by me.

Well, these opinions are invaluable to me. Believe it. When someone says "it's not as good as it could be", that simply means I need to try harder the next time around.

As for the soundtrack... No. The only song I really REALLY liked coming out of Boukenger was "Fighting", the song that plays Satoru pulls Zuuban from the stone. That was a good song. The rest...eh... The opening is fine, I liked it thought it was okay.

The ending sounds suspciously similiar to a well known anime's OPENING song and I'm curious if there is a connection between the two properties.

I meant the sound effects soundtrack. Lol!

Barely anyone really commented much about it. It's a good thing, I suppose -- it sounded fine to people, and they didn't feel the need to complain. Sound design is a thankless job sometimes. Heh.

As for the music, I'm looking into having our own original score for future dubs. So we'll see how that goes.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
I saw the fandubs months, and man, that was totallly WICKED AAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!.

That is what the english adaption of the Super Sentai Series should have been after Power Rangers Time Force.

I always wondered how the fandub of Eiji/Boukensilver would sound like. Maybe something ever cooler to match his personality.

I hope I get to see more.:bawling: