I think everyone over here has one :) I'm talking about comfort films, of course! I have a couple of them, the kind of movies I can watch over and over without getting bored and actually act as mood boosters most of the time ;) This is my list:

- Beetlejuice
- Edward Scissorhands
- The ghostbusters
- Back to the Future
- Jumanji
- Willow
- ALL of the Harry Potter films

Feel free to talk about your own comfort movies, please :)

Ah, it's always hard to remember them when you're put on the spot, but offhand;

The Princess Bride
Galaxy Quest
Serenity
Bringing Up Baby
Anchorman
O Brother Where Art Thou

Probably others. I've watched Goodfellas a million times, but not sure if that counts as comfort exactly :D

Ah, it's always hard to remember them when you're put on the spot, but offhand;

The Princess Bride
Galaxy Quest
Serenity
Bringing Up Baby
Anchorman
O Brother Where Art Thou

Probably others. I've watched Goodfellas a million times, but not sure if that counts as comfort exactly :D

That's a good list of comfort movies :) Do you usually watch them when you're feeling blue or need a mood booster? Have any of those on DVD? Maybe?

The Game, Matrix titles, the first Resident Evil titles, Terminator titles, Silent Hill, 28 days/weeks later, THE WALKING DEAD and, well, surely some other ones.

That's a good list of comfort movies :) Do you usually watch them when you're feeling blue or need a mood booster? Have any of those on DVD? Maybe?

Princess Bride, Galaxy Quest, Anchorman, and O Brother are definitely mood boosters. I'd add Groundhog Day and Scott Pilgrim now that I'm thinking about it.

I have five of those on DVD, I still need to pick up Groundhog Day.

Serenity I will watch in any mood, really :)

I could probably make a separate list of wallow films.

Princess Bride, Galaxy Quest, Anchorman, and O Brother are definitely mood boosters. I'd add Groundhog Day and Scott Pilgrim now that I'm thinking about it.

I have five of those on DVD, I still need to pick up Groundhog Day.

Serenity I will watch in any mood, really :)

I could probably make a separate list of wallow films.

LOL, it's funny you mentioned Groundhog day, because that's one of my boyfriend's comfort films. I watched that film a while ago, I find it comforting as well, I probably need to watch it a couple of times to really be able to tell ;) I just love 90's films... they send out such a different vibe than most of the films they make today. The only exception for me is the Harry Potter series.

Mine are Breakfast at Tiffany's, Harold and Maude, Beaches, Good Fellas and the Wizard of Oz.

LOL, it's funny you mentioned Groundhog day, because that's one of my boyfriend's comfort films. I watched that film a while ago, I find it comforting as well, I probably need to watch it a couple of times to really be able to tell ;) I just love 90's films... they send out such a different vibe than most of the films they make today. The only exception for me is the Harry Potter series.

Yeah, there was a really good run of movies about then.

It wasn't obvious at the time but man, 1993 was a really solid year; Groundhog Day, Sleepless in Seattle, Jurassic Park, The Fugitive, Schindler's List, Army of Darkness, The Age of Innocence, Nightmare Before Christmas, and a bunch more.

Oh my! I loved Nightmare before christmas! That film was one of the best Tim Burton has produced, back in the day he wasn't afraid to materialize his ideas, in the last years his work hasn't been that satisfying at all :/ The 90's was such an amazing decade for EVERYTHING, not only the film industry... even the music videos were amazing!