SKY ZEPHYRS 5E Supplement Now On Kickstarter

Administrator
<p>Homie and The Dude are a father and son led TTRPG team who enjoy D&D and have created their own systems within it. Fortunately, since the chaotic events from last year mercifully left the third-party 5E-compatible product market intact, they’re still able to package and sell those ideas through crowdfunding. This week they’ve introduced SKY ZEPHYRS, a world of airships where the sky is literally the limit.</p>

This new SKY ZEPHYRS thing sounds super cool! I love playing D&D with my friends, and the idea of flying airships and battling in 3D sounds amazing. I'm not sure I fully understand all the technical stuff, but having my own airship and crew sounds like a blast. I wonder if my DM would be up for trying this out in our next campaign. The digital book seems affordable too, and the discount coupon for a future physical copy is a nice touch. Gotta convince my buddies to chip in for this Kickstarter!

Roll for initiative
Wow, SKY ZEPHYRS sounds like a whole new level of D&D! Flying ships and battles? Sign me up! It seems like a bit of a puzzle though, with the up-down movement and wind factor. I guess you need regular D&D to join the fun. The book costs $22 digital, and maybe there's a real book later?

I've always wanted to explore different worlds within the game, and airships soaring through the sky sound like a dream come true. I'm not sure about the whole XYZ axis thing, but dodging enemy fire and dealing with wind sounds challenging. The fact that you need the main 5E game to use it is a bit of a bummer though. I hope they make it easy to understand for someone like me who's still learning the ropes. Maybe I can save up for that digital book and convince my gaming group to give it a shot.

I am Stronger than ever
thought about vehicles in the game like that. Dodging enemy fire while dealing with wind sounds like a tactical challenge I'd love to take on. The part about having your own NPC crew is pretty neat too. The only thing is, I'm not sure if I'm ready for all those new rules and stuff. I hope they make it easy to understand, even for players like me who aren't super experienced. The digital book seems reasonably priced, and that future discount on a physical copy sounds like a good deal.

I'm really intrigued by SKY ZEPHYRS! It sounds like a great way to add airships to my D&D game. I love the idea of being able to customize my own airship and battle other players in 3D space. I'm definitely going to check out the Kickstarter campaign.

This new SKY ZEPHYRS thing sounds super cool! I love playing D&D with my friends, and the idea of flying airships and battling in 3D sounds amazing. I'm not sure I fully understand all the technical stuff, but having my own airship and crew sounds like a blast. I wonder if my DM would be up for trying this out in our next campaign. The digital book seems affordable too, and the discount coupon for a future physical copy is a nice touch. Gotta convince my buddies to chip in for this Kickstarter!
Hi Bodhi from HomieandTheDude here,
Thank so much for you interest in our supplement Sky Zephyrs! We appreciate it massively. In terms of understanding technical stuff, our system is easy to learn and only adds one more step to the current D&D 5e order of combat. We also have in our tiers that include the "Extras" rule cheat sheets and combat trackers to really simplify things for new GMs and players alike :) We can wait to hear your feedback and stories from using the supplement. Finally thanks for sharing the project with your mates we need all the help spreading the word as possible as we are only a small business that does not have mountains of resources... So you sharing it and backing means a bunch to us :)
Pls feel free to join our Discord familia of over 800 people we would love to interact with you in the future. >> https://discord.gg/p9Mv9kWysx

Wow, SKY ZEPHYRS sounds like a whole new level of D&D! Flying ships and battles? Sign me up! It seems like a bit of a puzzle though, with the up-down movement and wind factor. I guess you need regular D&D to join the fun. The book costs $22 digital, and maybe there's a real book later?
Stoked to see you love flying ships and sky battles as much as us!! You mentioned our 3D movement system and Wind Directions rules and the fact you are concerned about them being a bit of a puzzle. Well i can tell you the 3D movement is designed so it can be tracked on a 2D VTT plane same as any other D&D combat encounter and feels more like a swashbuckling dogfight. You must simply just note what Air Zone your flying within. Interims of Wind Direction this rule adds another layer of fun and realism to flight and combat. However, our how supplement is designed so you can pick and choose exactly what you want to include in your game so if Wind Direction is not something you want then you do not have to use it at all :)
Currently we are just doing a digital run as we are a small business and needed to reduce risk as much as possible for this Kickstarter however, we fully intent on doing a book print run in the future and anyone who backs a tier with a PDF in it gets a discount on a hardcover version of the book when we release it.
Thank you for your support and we hope you can back the project as we cant wait to hear your feedback and stories from using Sky Zephyrs!
Pls feel free to join our Discord familia of over 800 people we would love to interact with you in the future. >> https://discord.gg/p9Mv9kWysx

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/homieandthedude/sky-zephyrs-5e?ref=9f0d4y

I've always wanted to explore different worlds within the game, and airships soaring through the sky sound like a dream come true. I'm not sure about the whole XYZ axis thing, but dodging enemy fire and dealing with wind sounds challenging. The fact that you need the main 5E game to use it is a bit of a bummer though. I hope they make it easy to understand for someone like me who's still learning the ropes. Maybe I can save up for that digital book and convince my gaming group to give it a shot.
Hyped to hear you love the idea of airships soaring across the sky as much as us!! You mention apprehension about our 3D movement rules. Let me tell you that you can still use 2D battle maps to track the movement same as any other combat encounter and all you must do is choose how you spend you airships Speed Points. For example you could be to remain in your Air Zone while performing turning manoeuvres and giving you airship forward movement or you could choose to change Air Zones (altitude). We have made the system so you can choose the level of crunch you wish to have in your game so if you want it very simple you can included just the bits you want from our system. We also have tiers that include the "Extras" such our rules cheat sheets and combat trackers to really simplify things for new GMs and players alike. We hope you the money gods are on your side so you can back and hook your table up with some new content to play. But we fully understand that budget dont always allow for that so thank you so much for showing interest and taking the time to comment we would love you to join our Discord familia of over 800 people. >> https://discord.gg/p9Mv9kWysx

Last edited:
thought about vehicles in the game like that. Dodging enemy fire while dealing with wind sounds like a tactical challenge I'd love to take on. The part about having your own NPC crew is pretty neat too. The only thing is, I'm not sure if I'm ready for all those new rules and stuff. I hope they make it easy to understand, even for players like me who aren't super experienced. The digital book seems reasonably priced, and that future discount on a physical copy sounds like a good deal.

I love that you want to take on the challenge of sky combat. Using our 3D movement and combat rules really make it feel like a swashbuckling dogfight chess match. Our new Aircrew rules are some of my faves from the PDF. They add many more options for players during their turns in combat. We have made the PDF as simple as possible however, we also have tiers that include the "Extras" such our rules cheat sheets and combat trackers to really simplify things for new GMs and players alike. And thank you for a 250+ page PDF we feel it is actually far more reasonable than a certain group of Wizards on a Coast's prices!
Thanks so much for all your support and we would love you to join our Discord familia of over 800 people. >> https://discord.gg/p9Mv9kWysx

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-11 161349.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-11 161349.png
    477.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited: