Should they redesign Celes's green outfit if 6 got a remake?

Administrator
Staff member
Though the Postergirl and lead main character of 6 is technically Terra, Some fans also see Celes as the main character. Her main themesong is the instrumental version of
Aria di Mezzo Carattere which is the main romantic themesong of the game and the stage play in the game titled Draco and Maria.

Also one of the major factors of the game's story is the love story between Locke and Celes.

Celes have 2 battle outfits in the game. The yellow one and the green one.

latest
latest

I have a feeling the Green one won't look good in 3d and people may not take her seriously as a warrior dressing up like that. Should they redesign her green outfit if the game gets a remake?

Mai

I don't mind the green outfit because this is a fantasy game. Leave the realism out of a videogame with magic. That green outfit is practical in some ways because it gives her ease of movement.

I try not to get myself sucked into the things like that, even though once I do I could go on for a bit. I like the green but I can see the 3D point, but of course I could up with something better.

Administrator
Staff member
I just don't think that costume fits in with today's political climate. That design is created for the male gaze. She should be wearing something realistic and practical since she is a warrior. I admire Anita Sarkeesian's conquest to stop costumes like this for female characters.

I just don't think that costume fits in with today's political climate. That design is created for the male gaze. She should be wearing something realistic and practical since she is a warrior. I admire Anita Sarkeesian's conquest to stop costumes like this for female characters.
There is nothing wrong with sensual characters. No one complained about how sexualized the men of Final Fantasy 15 are. Your so not fetch.

I don't really care about Celes' outfit. What I would like the devs to look into, is some glitches breaks the game, like the Vanish/Doom bug which makes FFVI very unattractive to many gamers. Also, if they can come up with more creative summons, that would be great.

Administrator
Staff member
Final Fantasy 13 have Bikini outfits for female characters. There is nothing wrong with Celes' Green outfit. Sexiness means confidence! Hot shaming is wrong!

I want her to keep her that look but with the costume being more elaborate and well detailed. Instead of wearing a plain green leotard, Put some patterns on it to make it look more out of this world. Keep her sexy but classy.

I can imagine them giving her a skirt or pants to make her costume more practical looking

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe a more sensible armor and give her some tights so the outfit will be more practical. I grow up with female characters who dresses skimpy and I never minded it but I know that there are other girls who are uncomfortable with costumes like this. Modernize her outfit and make the classic an unlockable that is optional.